Ahmad Ali Butt is a Pakistani actor and singer who is known for being the vocalist in the band ‘Entity Paradigm.’
Ahmad Ali Butt was born on Wednesday, 20 October 1976 (age 45 years; as of 2021) in Lahore, Pakistan. His zodiac sign is Libra.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Ahmad was born in a Punjabi family from Kashmir.
Parents & Siblings
Ahmad’s father’s name was Aqeel Butt, who was a jeweller.
His mother’s name was Zil-e-Huma, who was a popular singer. He has four brothers, Mohammad Ali Butt (photographer), Mustafa Ali Butt (chef), and Hamza Ali Butt.
Wife & Children
Ahmad is married to Fatima Khan, who is a model. They have a son, Azaan.
Ahmad’s maternal grandfather’s name was Shaukat Hussain Rizvi, who was a film director. His maternal grandmother’s name was Noor Jehan, who was a popular singer.
Ahmad follows Islam.
Ahmad started his acting career with the Malayalam film ‘Best Actor’ in 2010 and played the role of Comedy.
After his debut film, he started appearing in Pakistani films that include 3 Bahadur (2015), Jawani Phir Nahi Ani (2015), 3 Bahadur: The Revenge of Baba Balaam (2016), Punjab Nahi Jaungi (2017), and Parey Hut Love (2019).
In 2016, Ahmad started his television career with the television show ‘Dulha Mil Gaya’ (2016) in which he played the role of Imran Ahmed.
Later, he appeared in Pakistani sitcoms like Jutt and Bond (2001), Rubber Band (2005), Inspector Khoji (2006), and Mr Shamim (2014).
Ahmad started his music career in the 1990s with his band ‘Band Entity’ as a vocalist in the band. After some time, his band got merged with actor Fawad Khan’s band, ‘Paradigm.’ They named the band ‘Entity Paradigm.’ In 2007, the band split up after giving some amazing performances, and Ahmad started his own band, ‘Rubber Band.’ However, even after working hard, he could not receive the success that he was receiving with Fawad Khan. In 2009, he again merged with the ‘Paradigm band,’ and in 2010, the band appeared in Coke Studio (Pakistani season 3).
In 2021, Ahmad’s attracted controversy after he responded to singer Ali Azmat who had insulted Ahmad’s grandmother Noor Jehan in an interview. Ahmad talked about this in an Instagram post and said,
I don’t hold it against him because he is an artist also and very well knows that respect comes when you give respect, otherwise your just putting yourself in a position where people will disgrace your own legacy. As for The Melody Queen Noor Jehan… “gai ge duneya geet mayray.”
- In 2006, he won the Lux Style Award for Best Music Video.
- In 2016, he won the ARY Film Award.
- In 2016, he won HUM Award for Best Actor in a comic role.
- In 2018, he won the Hum TV Award for Best Actor.
- In 2020, he won the ARY Film Award for Best Actor.
- In 2022, Ahmad won the Pakistan International Screen Awards for best-supporting actor.
He owns a ninja bike.
- Ahmad follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- He likes to travel and try fast food at various places.
- He has tattoos inked on both his hands.
- According to Ahmad, he used to take part in plays and used to mimic his teachers when he was studying in school.
- He is a habitual smoker. In an interview, he talked about his smoking habit and said,
My wife hates that I smoke but she takes consolation in the fact that it’s the only bad habit I have.”
- Ahmad is known for his comic roles, and he has worked in many comedy films and shows. In an interview, he talked about the way a comedian should be treated. He said,
Comedians need to be given due importance or the profession will simply die. They are often the highlight of a movie, a sitcom or a show and yet, they are relegated to the background when it is time to give out awards. There was a show where a client wanted me to enter while dancing the bhangra to a dhol beat. I refused to be part of it. I cannot allow my years of hard work to be disrespected like that.”
- In 2019, Ahmad approached the court and filed a case against his late uncle Asghar Hussain Rizvi who had usurped the Shahnoor Studio that was set up by Ahmad’s grandmother, Noor Jehan.
- In 2020, Ahmad talked about the #MeraJismMeriMarzi campaign in an Instagram story. After he posted his opinion in the story, a media house took to Instagram and told Ahmad to learn the right motives of the campaign. The media house also asked Ahmad to not express his opinion about such campaigns as he had worked in the movie ‘Jawani Phir Nahi Ani.’ After this, Ahmad posted an Instagram story in which he expressed his disappointment with the media and said,
A newspaper which is supposed to be unbiased and neutral, holding me accountable for my films, hence I can’t have an opinion on any matter. This proves how one-sided and PAID your every view and post is. Hahaha so carry on with your agenda we all know you got bills to pay.”
- In 2021, Ahmad took to Instagram and expressed how much it hurts him when the production houses cast Indian actors to play the role of a Pakistani character in films or television series. He talked about the Netflix series ‘Squid Game’ in which Anupam Tripathi played the Pakistani character Ali Abdul in the series.
- In 2022, Ahmad won the Pakistan International Screen Awards for best-supporting actor. After winning the award, he got into a controversy when actor Ali Abbas said that the organizers had told him that he would win the award, but the award was given to Ahmad.
- In an interview, Ahmad talked about how the actors have to go through body shaming in the entertainment industry and said,
If a man is short, tall, or fat, he can only get certain kind of roles, and we’re bound to be okay with that because we’re in the showbusiness. What we show becomes our business. In our industry, more than body shamming, there is colour shamming. Everyone is obsessed with the gora rung. And sadly that’s the way things will remain.”
- He is often featured in various newspapers.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings