Akhil is an Indian singer, music performer, and songwriter, who mainly works in Punjabi films and music videos.
Akhil Pasreja was born on Tuesday, 2 October 1990 (age 31 years; as of 2021) in Nurmahal, Jalandhar, Punjab. His zodiac sign is Libra. He did his schooling at Doaba Arya Senior Secondary School, Nurmahal, Punjab. He then pursued BSc (Non-medical) from Apeejay College of Fine Arts, Jalandhar. Later, he did graduation in music.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Weight (approx.): 60 kg
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
He was born in an Arora family in Jalandhar, Punjab.
Parents & Siblings
His elder brother works as a Chartered Accountant.
While he was in college, Akhil and his childhood friend Bob started making songs.
In 2012, Akhil uploaded his first Punjabi song “Pee Lain De” on YouTube.
In 2014, his first Punjabi single “Muradaan” was released under the music label HSR Entertainment (formerly Yellow Music).
His two other Punjabi songs “Supne” (2014) and “Makhual” (2015) were released, but he failed to get recognition through these songs. In 2016, he sang the Punjabi song “Khaab” under the music label Crown Records which gained immense popularity. The song gave a kick start to his career, and he then lent his voice to many other Punjabi songs which received great appreciation from the audience.
Some of his popular Punjabi singles are “Rukh” (2017), “Teri Khamiyaan” (2018), “Kalla Sohna Nai” (2019), “Bachalo” (2020), and “Paagla” (2021).
Akhil debuted as a singer in Punjabi films with the film ‘Vaapsi’ (2016) in which he lent his voice to the song “Saari Saari Raat.” He has sung a few more songs in the Punjabi films including “Takdi Ravan” from ‘Jindua’ (2017) and “Ishqaa” from the film ‘Ishqaa’ (2018). He lent his voice to the song “Duniyaa” for his debut Hindi film ‘Luka Chuppi’ (2019).
Akhil has worked as a singer with the music labels like T-Series, Desi Music Factory, Speed Records, and Crown Records. He has also performed live at various stage shows and live events.
- 2016: TIIFA Award for the song “Khaab”
- 2017: “Best Breakthrough Act” at the Brit Asia TV Music Awards
- Music Genre(s): Romantic, Sad
- Singer(s): Sonu Nigam, Udit Narayan, Arijit Singh, Manmohan Waris, Babbu Maan, Harbhajan Maan, Gurdas Maan
- Travel Destination: New Zealand
- Food: Chhole Bhature, Chicken Wings
- In an interview, he shared that initially, his songs were not doing well so he thought of shifting to Canada, but his application for a Canadian visa got rejected thrice.
- He got an inspiration to make his career in music after listening to the songs of the Punjabi singer Manmohan Waris.
- During an interview, he shared that the concept of his song “Makhaul” (2015) was inspired by his own life.
- Akhil is well versed in playing various musical instruments like guitar and musical keyboard.
- In an interview, he was asked about the groupism and favouritism in the Indian music industry. He said,
Har jagah toh groupism chal raha hai. Composers, directors or producers often make five singers sing one song and then choose their favourite. Aapki awaaz achha ho ya nahi, promote aise karenge ki woh hit ho jayega. Some labels are practising favouritism due to which many musicians don’t get a chance or they lose out on opportunities. I also want to work in Bollywood, but not like this.”
- He is good at mimicking the singing style of a few Indian singers.
- He does not drink alcohol.
- Akhil follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- He was among the few Punjabi celebrities to support the Indian farmers’ protest started in 2020.