Akshay Anand is an Indian actor and director, who is known for his work in Tv serials and films. He made his debut with the Hindi TV serial Indradhanush.
John Gardner was born on Thursday, 30 January 1969 (age 53 years; as of 2022) in Delhi. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. He did his schooling at St. Xavier’s School, Delhi. Further, he pursued his graduation in economics at St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai. Akshay comes from the family of William Linnaeus Gardner, who had served with the 74th Highlanders. During childhood, Akshay wanted to be an actor, however, with time his interest in business increased. Akshay lived in Calcutta (now Kolkata) for two years to pursue his career in business.
Height (approx.): 5’8″
Weight (approx.): 70kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Akshay’s father was a farmer and a businessman.
Akshay has one elder brother and a sister.
Wife & Children
Akshay is married to Roma Anand. Akshay Anand has one daughter, Anaaya, and a son whose name is Ayaan.
In 1991, Akshay made his Bollywood debut in the film Do Pal, which was directed by Ravi Rai.
He started getting recognized for his work. He worked in the films like Aur Ak Prem Kahani (1996), Pyar Ka Tarana (1993), Spotboy (1996) etc. Apart from Hindi, Akshay has also worked in Malayalam and Kannada films. He has worked with celebrities like Alia Bhatt, Ajay Devgan, Ranveer Singh etc.
In 1989, he made his television debut with the Hindi TV series Indradhanush, which was based on time travel.
Later, he appeared in many other tv serials like Teacher (1998), Choti Maa (2001), Ek Duje Ke Vaaste2 (2020) and so on.
As a Producer and Director
Apart from acting, Akshay is also a producer and director for various web series under the banner of Akshay Anand Academy Production. He has directed movies like Jaane Kyun De Yaaron (2018). Akshay also runs an acting academy named Akshay Anand Acting Academy, in Mumbai.
Akshay owns a Ducati Monster 797 bike.
- Before becoming an actor, Akshay worked in a non-government organization named Aayaan Vision.
- Akshay addressed the media person about the changes that have come with the time in the acting industry and said that
Earlier, we never thought too much about the popularity of a show or promoting it. While people recognised my talent and kept offering me work, I rue the fact that I didn’t market myself properly. Or else, I would have been in a better position as an actor.”
- In an interview, Akshay revealed that when he joined the industry, he felt that no one would give a chance to someone with the name John Gardener. So, he changed his name to Akshay Anand, after being inspired by actor Late Dev Anand who gave him a break in acting.
- Akshay Anand mentioned in an interview that his Late father was offered to work in one of Raj Kapoor’s films, however, due to his busy schedule he could not work.
- Akshay is not very active on social media platforms.
- In an interview, Akshay said that his mother was his role model.
- Akshay loves to have non-vegetarian food.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings