Amita Prakash is an Indian actress and model. She is known for playing the role of Sandhya in the Hindi film Ek Vivaah… Aisa Bhi (2008).
Amita Prakash was born on Tuesday, 12 May 1987 (age 35 years; as of 2022) in Jaipur, Rajasthan. Her zodiac sign is Taurus.
She pursued her Bachelor’s in commerce at the University of Mumbai. Later, she did her Master’s in Commerce and Business Administration from The University of Mumbai. 
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-30-34
Amita Prakash belongs to a Hindu family.
Parents & Siblings
Amita Prakash’s father, Dr Prakash Bakshi, is a chairman of NABARD (National Bank For Agriculture And Rural Development). Amrita Prakash’s brother’s name is Akshay Verma.
In 2018, there were rumours that Amita Prakash was dating her co-actor, Vivian Dsena. Later, in an interview, Amita Prakash squashed the rumoured relationship and said,
Working with Vivian has been one of the most fun experiences. He and I got along like a house on fire. And in him, I have most certainly found a very good friend that I intend to keep. He is an absolute brat with me and doesn’t consider me a female co-star, instead treats me like his younger brother…Relentlessly playing pranks and troubling me. We developed a very lovely bond and found it extremely easy and fun to work with each other.”
In 1996, Amita Prakash made her acting debut with a drama show in which she played the role of Gautami Gadgil’s niece. In 2002, she portrayed the role of Mishti Chatterjee in the SONY television show Kya Hadsaa Kya Haqeeqat. In 1999, Amita appeared as an anchor on the StarPlus television show Fox Kids.
Subsequently, she appeared in various television shows like Smriti (2001), Tum Bin Jaaoon Kahaan (2003), Ye Meri Life Hai (2004), Har Ghar Kuch Kehta Hai (2008), Hum Ne Li Hai – Shapath (2012), Gumrah: Season 2 (2013), C.I.D. (2013), Love by Chance (2014), Ek Rishta Aisa Bhi (2015), Akbar Birbal (2015), Shakti- Astitva ki Ehsas Ki (2018), and Patiala Babes (2020). In 2020, Amrita Prakash appeared in the StarPlus television show Patiala Babes, in which she played the role of Isha Oberoi. In an interview, she talked about her role in the television show and said,
I’m very happy to soon be a part Patiala Babes. The show itself is like a breath of fresh air, on Indian television. Its a unique and refreshing watch and I’m looking forward to meeting with the entire team and cast. I’ve seen Saurabh and Ashnoor’s work and I think they play their characters with poise. I will play Neil’s estranged wife who is here to take what she believes is rightfully hers. I’m excited about playing this character because she’s very unlike my real self. All in all, I hope to be able to create an impact on the show and am looking forward to my journey with Patiala Babes.”
In 1991, Amita Prakash appeared as a child model in a TV commercial for a local footwear company in Kerala. In an interview, she shared her experience of her first audition and said,
I didn’t even know it was an audition. I just went in front of a camera, and fooled around, said a few lines, and basically- was myself. And that was that. The audition happened to be for a commercial for a local footwear brand in Kerala.” 
She then appeared in various TV commercials such as Rasna, Ruffles Lays, Glucon-D, and Dabur. She had been the face of LifeBuoy Soaps packaging for two years.
In 2001, Amita Prakash appeared as a child actor in the Hindi film Tum Bin in which she portrayed the character of Mili.
Subsequently, in 2004, she worked in the Tamil film Manjupoloru Penkutti, in which she portrayed the role of Nidhi. She then appeared as a cameo actor in various Hindi films such as Maine Dil Tujhko Dia (2002), Koi Mere Dil Mein Hai (2005), Vivah, Ek Vivah…Aisa Bhi (2008), We Are Family (2010), Na Jaane Kabse (2011), and The World of Fashion (2013). In an interview, she shared her experience of working in films and said,
I started acting at the age of four. At that time, I used to only act for fun. I never attended acting school, but I trained on-floor with a myriad of magicians- right from Imtiaz Ali to Anubhav Sinha and Sooraj Barjatya. I had the fortune of working with very senior, talented actors like Mr Bachchan, Sonali Bendre, Vikram Gokhale, Kay Kay Menon, etc.”
In 2007, she was nominated for Jury’s Choice award for her Breakthrough Performance-Female in the Hindi film Vivaah (2006).
- Baker: Bombay Bakerina, Mumbai
- Designer: Rocky S
- Brand(s): Mango, H&M
- Style Icon(s): Madonna, Lady Gaga
- Destination: Aarhus, Denmark
- Book: The Book Thief
- Color(s): Pink, Blue, Yellow, Red
- She is also known by the name Amrita Bakshi.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- She is often spotted consuming alcohol on various occasions.
- In an interview, she said that she enjoys star gazing, and on her 31st birthday, her father gave her a telescope as a present. She further said,One of the closest bonds I share on this planet is with my father. We have a very sentimental relationship. We both lead extremely busy, chaotic lives. On most days, I don’t even know whether he is in the country or out of it. The same goes for me, I am constantly travelling for work or shooting extremely hectic schedules. Yet, we try and make the most of our time together, in unique ways. We share a love for star-gazing. On my birthday this year, he gifted me a telescope. The plan is to drive out of Mumbai and set up our telescope somewhere around the outskirts of the city. I love that my dad can be childlike with me. In addition to the fun, my dad is full of wisdom that he blesses me within letters he writes to me.”
- She started acting at the age of four.
- In an interview, she revealed that her first crush was Priyanshu Choudhary, who played her elder brother in the Hindi film Tum Bin (2001). She said,I think my first crush probably was Priyanshu Chatterjee, who played my elder brother in Tum Bin. It was such a cute, innocent, childish crush. I used to, and still do, call him bhaiya. The cutest part is- even today, I get giggly and school-girly when I speak with him.” 
- She has worked with renowned celebrities such as Amitabh Bachchan, Sonali Bendre, and Vikram Gokhale.
- She is an avid dog lover and has a pet dog named Hazel.