Anmol Ambani, also known as Jai Anmol Ambani, is an Indian businessman who is known for being the eldest son of Indian industrialist and businessman Anil Ambani.
Anmol Ambani was born on Thursday, 12 December 1991 (age 30 years; as of 2021) in Mumbai. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. He did his schooling at Cathedral and John Connon School, Mumbai and at Seven Oaks School, United Kingdom. He graduated with BSc in management from Warwick Business School, UK.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Weight (approx.): 70 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Anmol Ambani belongs to a Gujarati family.
Parents & Siblings
His father, Anil Ambani, is the chairman of Reliance Group and was once the sixth richest person in the world . His mother, Tina Ambani is a former actress who is now an activist and philanthropist. He has a younger brother, Jai Anshul Ambani.
Anmol got married to Khrisha Shah in a grand wedding on 20 February 2022 at their home, Sea Wind in Cuffe Parade, Mumbai.
His paternal grandfather, Dhirajlal Hirachand Ambani, popularly known as Dhirubhai Ambani, was an Indian business tycoon who founded Reliance Industries, which was worth $7.9 billion in 2002 upon his death. He was honoured posthumously with the Padma Vibhushan, India’s second-highest civilian honour, for his contributions to trade and industry. His paternal grandmother is Kokilaben Ambani.
His uncle, Mukesh Ambani, the elder brother of his father, is one of the leading business tycoons of India. He is the richest person in Asia with a net worth of $86.9 billion who became the world’s tenth-wealthiest person in February 2022. His aunt, Nita Ambani, is a businessperson and a philanthropist. He has two cousin brothers, Akash Ambani and Anant Ambani. His cousin sister is Isha Ambani.
A 17-storeyed Sea Wind building in Cuffe Parade, South Mumbai
At the age of 18, he did his summer internship with Reliance Mutual Fund (RMF) for two months wherein he learned the company & sector analysis, practical aspects of financial statements, and portfolio creation. He started investing in stocks from an early age. He joined Reliance Mutual Fund in 2014. It was reported by a reputed media house that Anmol actively participated in the Rs. 12,000-crore acquisition of Jaypee Associates’ power assets, as Reliance Capital CEO Sam Ghosh mentored him for a bigger role in the Reliance Group. After 2 years of training at the company, he joined the Reliance Capital Board as an additional director on 23 August 2016. His father considered him lucky for the company as the shares of the company saw a 40 per cent surge in share price since his induction. Anil Ambani said,
Anmol has brought tremendous luck as the stock price rose by 40 per cent since his induction in the board and has added to the value creation for our shareholders.”
Anmol successfully negotiated with the Japanese major Nippon and convinced them to increase their stake in Reliance Life Insurance and Reliance Capital Asset Management, which became Reliance Nippon Life Insurance.
In the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Reliance Capital, he was made the Executive Director in September 2017. In April 2018, he joined the boards of Reliance Nippon and Reliance Home. He was appointed as director of Reliance Infra along with his brother Jai Anshul Ambani in October 2019, but both the brothers resigned from the board of Reliance Infra within less than a year of joining.
In April 2021, Anmol expressed his views on the Covid-19 pandemic, the use of masks, vaccines, and the policies of the government in a series of tweets. He also used the hashtag #Scamdemic.
He also tweeted against the guidelines followed during the partial lockdown.
- Subject: Economics (macroeconomics and policies)
- Music: Rock
- Sport: Football
- Football Club: Real Madrid CF
Anmol Ambani and his family own a collection of jets to flex, which includes Bombardier Global Express XRS, Bell 412 (Helicopter), Global Express (Aircraft), Falcon 2000, and Falcon 7X.
He also owns a variety of swanky cars, which includes Lamborghini Gallardo, Rolls Royce Phantom, W221 Mercedes Benz S-Class, Range Rover Vogue, Toyota Fortuner, Lexus SUV, and Mercedes GLK350.
Salary (as an Additional Director Reliance Capital)
INR 1.2 Crore (annual)
$3.3 billion (INR 20000 Crore) (approx.)
- Before joining the family business, Anmol took time to travel the world and meet people around the globe.
- In 2016, when he was admitted as an additional director in the Reliance Capital Board, a majority of institutional investors, which control about 27 per cent of Reliance Capital shares, voted against the resolution to appoint Anmol to the board.
- In an interview, Anmol’s mother, Tina Ambani, expressed that Anmol was taught the value of money since childhood. She recalled an incident when Anmol’s father noticed that every day, after returning from the pony riding lessons, he brought along a cheap toy. Later, his nanny confessed that she used to buy him a new toy daily because on his way back home he would cry for the toys. After that, both Tina and Anil made him understand that buying a new toy daily was “just not done” and that he needs to value the money. She said that she made him understand that once he grows up he would realise that it requires hard work to make money, and just because they had everything, it didn’t mean they shouldn’t value it.
- He is a teetotaler just like his grandfather.
- He was initially introduced to Khrisha Shah through his family. After spending some time together and knowing each other better, the couple decided to get married and got engaged in a small and intimate ceremony on Anmol’s 30th birthday.
- In contrast to the engagement ceremony, Anmol and Khrisha had a grand wedding on Sunday, 20 February 2022, which was a glamourous and glitzy event. Many big names like Amitabh Bachchan and his family, Nationalist Congress Party members Supriya Sule, Rima Jain, Pinky Reddy, etc., were present to bless the couple.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings