Apeksha Porwal is an Indian model and actor. She has participated in multiple beauty pageants including Miss Universe and Miss India. In 2020, she debuted and earned fame as an actor in the web television series ‘Undekhi’ directed by Ashish R. Shukla in which she played the role of a girl named Koyal. She has also worked in the Hotstar television series ‘Dil Bekaraar’ in 2021 and in the Bollywood movie ‘Badhaai Do’ as a supporting actor, which was released in 2022.
Apeksha Porwal was born on Sunday 29 August 1993 (age 28 years; as of 2022) in Mumbai, India. She did her schooling at Smt Sulochanadevi Singhania School, Thane and then she went on to complete her graduation in Economic honours from St. Xaviers College, Mumbai. She is very determined and believes in following your passion and fulfilling your dreams. At a very young age, she decided that she wants to participate in and win prominent beauty pageants.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): 33-26-34
Apeksha belongs to a Hindu Marwadi community from Rajasthan; her family lives in Nasik and she lives in Mumbai.
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Sanjay Porwal is a chartered architect who practises in Mumbai and was a member of AAP and her mother’s name is Sangita Porwal who is a Yoga trainer. She has an elder sister whose name is Abhilasha Porwal.
Apeksha has had a successful career in the modelling industry. She has taken part in 7 beauty pageants and has won a title in 5 of them. In 2015, she was a finalist at the Femina Miss India where she won the title of Fujifilm Miss Selfie. She has also worked in TV commercial advertisements such as Imperial Blue etc and modelled for many popular brands like FBB, L’Oreal, and Whisper. It was a childhood dream of hers to enter the fashion industry and earn fame. During a live session, she claimed,
I started with Miss Teen, Miss India, and finally Miss Diva. There sure were failures, but in the end, when I participated in Miss Diva, I found my ultimate triumph!”
Theatre and Films
She is a trained method actor. She did a 9-month diploma programme at Jeff Goldberg Studio in Mumbai, where she studied method acting under Jeff Goldberg, who is an actor, director and a former faculty member at the world-class Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in New York, USA. Commended actors Neeraj Kabi and Atul Mongia have also taught her acting under their conservancy. Deranged marriage, which is a comedy theatre production that has done many shoes all over India in 2016-17 in which Apeksha played the role of the lead actor. She has also been a part of a play which was adapted from ‘Six Characters in Search of an author’ which is a classical play by an Italian dramatist, Luigi Pirandello. Jeff Goldberg Studio was the producer for both the plays. In 2018, she was cast in the web series ‘Imperfect’ by Anand Tiwari.
Apeksha has been in the acting industry for only a couple of years and yet, she has proved herself to be a fine method actor. She has achieved so much and getting more work in the showbiz industry. In an interview, talking about her recent projects, she said,
With two releases in the form of Badhaai Do and Undekhi Season 2, I feel truly grateful. When I started out as an actor, I wanted to play characters that would make me push my boundaries as a performer. I was also keen on playing diverse roles so that I could show my versatility as an actor and do not get stereotyped. I am also fortunate to have worked with some incredibly talented artists so early in my career. Sharing the screen with Bhumi Pednekar in Badhaai Do and Dibyendu Bhattacharya in Undekhi 2 was a wonderful experience.”
- In 2009, won the title of Miss Teen India International.
- In 2015, won the title of Femina Miss India Delhi.
- In 2015, achieved the 1st runner-up position in Miss India Worldwide.
- In 2017, achieved the 2nd runner-up position in Miss Diva.
- In 2017, achieved the 2nd runner-up position in Miss Universe India.
- Food: Pani Puri, Bombay Chaat
- Actor: Shah Rukh Khan, Brad Pitt
- Actress: Deepika Padukone
- Sport: Chess
- Sportsperson: Viswanathan Anand
- Cartoon: Tom and Jerry, Popeye
- Web series: Game of Thrones, Schitt’s Creek
- Movie: The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Letters to Juliet, Snatch, Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham
- Song: ‘Catch & Release’ by Matt Simons
- Hobby: Reading, dancing
- Author: Jane Austen
- Place: Istanbul
- Quote: “One day your life will flash before your eyes, make sure it’s worth watching.”
- Apeksha is a trained Kathak dancer and she has also been a national level chess player.
- She is fluent in Hindi, English and Marathi.
- She likes to go to beaches rather than mountains.
- Her nicknames at home are Chiky and Chhotu, and her friends call her Appy, Applebee, Peky, and Mingu.
- In 2015, she co-founded a social enterprise named Janta Meals, which sets up restaurants in slum areas of Mumbai and sells food at affordable rates.
- She likes reading classic novels and autobiographies and exploring unconventional places which have a history behind their existence.
- She likes to go on international trips and explore exotic places. She has been to Bali, Phuket and Istanbul.
- In an interview, on being asked which one law she would like to break, she replied, “Telecast the banned documentary ‘India’s Daughter’ across the nation in multiplexes.”
- According to her, there should be these three qualities that every woman should possess, which are warmth, geniality and elegance.
- She has 84k followers on Instagram and 919k followers on Facebook.
- Chivalry, integrity and geniality are the three qualities that she admires in a man.
- The craziest rumour that she heard about herself was that she and her group of girlfriends are lesbians.
- On being asked about giving a piece of helpful advice to the youth, she said,
Stop procrastinating and if you have a dream, pursue it relentlessly and fearlessly. Pursue it till it’s yours so you may look back with no regrets, only the satisfaction of what you’ve achieved for yourself.”
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings