Arjuna Harjai is an Indian composer, singer, musician, and YouTuber who is known for composing music for advertisements and the Bollywood film industry.
Arjuna Harjai was born on Tuesday, 28 February 1989 (age 33 years; as of 2022) in New Delhi, India. His zodiac sign is Pisces. Arjuna attended Laxman Public School, Delhi (1993-2006). Later, he pursued a diploma in audio engineering from the School of Audio Engineering College (SAE), Mumbai. Arjuna completed his master’s in orchestration and composition for western and Indian classical music production.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Arjuna’s father’s name is Madhusudan Harjai. His mother’s name is Lakshmi Madhusudan.
He has a younger brother, Aditya Harjai.
Wife & Children
Arjuna Harjai got married to Divya Harjai on 22 January 2018.
Arjuna and Divya were in a relationship since their school days.
The couple has a son, Avyuktha Harjai.
In 2013, Arjun Harjai made his debut as a singer with the song ‘I Love U Maa’ from the film Calapor.
Later, he lent his voice to various songs like; ‘Atyachaari’ from Titoo MBA (2014), ‘Keh Nahi Paunga’ from Guddu Engineer (2016), ‘Raahiya Ve’ from Prisoners of War: Banddhi Yudh Ke (2016), ‘Rangdaari’ from Lucknow Central (2017), ‘Laaiyan Ve’ from Jindua (2017), ‘Kis Raste Hai Jana’ from Judgemental Hai Kya (2019), and many more.
Arjuna Harjai is actively involved in composing songs, background scores, jingles, themes, signature tunes, and advertisement music. In 2011, Arjuna Harjai made his debut with the comedy film ‘Hair is Falling’ by composing the opening theme and original background score. In 2014, Arjuna composed his first Bollywood song ‘O Soniye’ from the film Titoo MBA. He has composed iconic commercial jingles for major brands like Dettol, Maggi, Cadbury, Berger paints, Jio, Amazon Prime, Myntra, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Lenovo, Big Bazaar, Samsung, Maruti, Sprite, MTNL, Lovely Professional University, Ayur, Manhunt, Hillman, Marvel Tea, and many more.
In an interview, talking about his interest in advertising, Arjuna said,
Advertising will always be my passion as this is where I started from. When I was a part of advertising industry I have usually received praise for my art. But I knew my inclination and passion was always towards Music. Being a part of this wonderful Music Industry is an absolute delight and now for me it’s just music”.
Arjuna Harjai owns a self-titled YouTube channel, where he posts vlogs of his day-to-day life. In addition to this, he uploads videos of his music compositions and song covers. Arjuna has more than 1.6 million subscribers on his YouTube channel.
In 2018, Arjuna Harjai was featured in the music video ‘Aaja Mahi’ alongside Rashmeet Kaur. In 2019, he featured in the music video ‘Laage Nahi Mann’ alongside Shruti Prakash. In 2020, Arjuna featured in the original Tamil single, Priyasakhi alongside Jonita Gandhi.
In 2021, Arjuna Harjai appeared in the music video ‘Main Janu Na’ alongside Sonarika Bhadoria.
In 2022, he appeared in the music video ‘Naa Jao’ featuring Surabhi Dashputra.
- 2016: Best Music Award for the song ‘Keh Nahi Paunga’ from the short film Guddu Engineer at the 5th Mumbai Shorts International Film Festival
- 2017: Abby’s Gold Award for scoring the song ‘Rab Ki Baatein’ from the television show, Prisoners of War: Banddhi Yudh Ke
- 2017: Abby’s Bronze Award for scoring the song ‘Raahiyan Ve’ from the television show, Prisoners of War: Banddhi Yudh Ke
Arjuna Harjai owns a Jeep Compass.
- Arjuna also goes by the name AJ and Arjunm.
- In an interview, talking about his parent’s support in his musical career, Arjuna said,
My journey as a musician began very early. I started learning from my parents Madhusudan Harjai and Lakshmi Madhusudan at the age of two and a half. I got great exposure since childhood as my mother was a renowned artist on the Delhi recording circuit. I used to go with her for her recordings and sit quietly next to the sound engineers and observe the entire recording process.ad taught me Ghazals by artists like Mehendi Hassan Sahab, Gulam Ali Sahab , Hussain Bux Sahab, Madhurani Faizabadiand, and it helped me immensely in my basic foundation as a musician.”
- At the age of 8, Arjuna learnt western classical piano and tabla from the Delhi School of Music.
- In 2006, Arjuna shifted to Mumbai and joined Suresh Wadekar’s Gurukul to further study Indian Classical music.
- In 2018, during their school days, Arjuna won the title of ‘Mr Popular’ and his wife Divya Harjai won the title of ‘Miss Fair and Lovely.’
- Arjuna Harjai is often spotted drinking alcohol with his friends at parties and events.
- Arjuna is fond of cycling and owns a Scott bike.
- According to Arjuna, had he not become a singer, he would be a scientist.
- In 2011, Arjuna began to assist music composer Lalit Pandit on his film projects like Besharam and Dabangg.
- Arjuna’s musical inspirations are Gulam Ali Sahab, Madan Mohan, and A.R. Rahman.
- Arjuna created a tune for the song ‘Teen Kabutar’ using trash cans, buckets, foot-tapping, mouth percussions, body percussions, whistles, and claps.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings