Faris Shafi is a Pakistani singer and television actor who appeared in the local musical show Coke Studio in February 2022.
Faris Shafi was born on Monday, 2 November 1987 (age 34 years; as of 2021) in Lahore, Pakistan. His zodiac sign is Scorpio. He received a post-graduation degree in advertising from a University in Turkey.
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Syed Pervaiz Shafo, and his mother’s name is Saba Hameed. She is a Pakistani television actress.
Faris Shafi has a sister named Meesha Shafi who is a renowned Pakistani actress and singer.
Faris Shafi has a stepbrother named Ali Abbas, and he is a Pakistani actor.
Faris Shafi is not married.
Faris Shafi began working in Pakistani television serials in 2012. His first television show was Manjali. In this show, he appeared alongside his mother. Later, he was cast in the popular Pakistani serials including Kabhi Kabhi, Sun Yaara, Zid, and Meri Guriya. During his work as a television actor, Faris Shafi got the opportunity to work with prominent Pakistani television personalities such as Kubra Khan and Zarnish Khan.
Faris Shafi started his singing career in 2012 when he released his first song ‘Awaam.’ The famous Pakistani journalist and documentary filmmaker ‘Fazeelat Aslam’ and the famous Pakistani singer ‘Taimoor Salahuddin’ appeared in the video of this song. Soon after the release of this song, it was a big hit and went viral on social media. Muskura, Jawab De, Nazar, Introduction, and Molotov are some other popular songs that are composed by Faris Shafi. In 2018, he released a song titled ‘Waasta,’ and this song was a mix of Urdu and English rap. Later, he released two songs for BBC Asian Network in collaboration with Talal Qureshi. In 2019, Faris Shafi collaborated with Abdullah Siddiqui to release the album ‘Metannoya’ and ‘Prosaic.’ The issues such as greed, hunger, poverty, and drug abuse were covered by Faris Shafi in the songs of these albums.
- Hameed Akhtar, the revolutionary Pakistani social activist, columnist, and poet, is the grandfather of Faris Shafi. Hameed Akhtar was the pioneer of the Progressive writer’s movement. Faris Shafi’s grandfather belonged to Ludhiana, India. In his childhood, Faris Shafi used to listen to patriotic stories from his grandfather.
- According to Faris Shafi, the lyrics of his songs include the socio-cultural issues in Pakistan like political set up in Pakistan, mujras, gender discrimination, and jihad. In a conversation with a media house, Faris Shafi mentioned that he wrote songs that explained the adverse situations tackled by the residents of Pakistan daily.
- Lahore Music Meet invited Faris Shafi to perform at a music concert in Pakistan in 2020.
- Faris Shafi regularly posts pictures of his pet dog on social media. He is an avid animal lover.
- Faris Shafi remains very active on social media. More than 55.3k people follow him on Instagram, and more than 34k people follow his Facebook page. He often posts the videos of his songs on his YouTube channel, which has more than 126k subscribers.
- Saba Hameed, the mother of Faris Shafi, is a popular Pakistani television actress. During her acting career, she was nominated for the Lux Style Awards, Nigar Awards, Hum Awards, and PTV Awards. She was cast in popular Pakistani television dramas such as Qaid-e-Tanhai, Dolly Ki Ayegi Gi Baraat, and Dil-e-Muztar. She got separated from the father of Faris Shafi after a long time of their marriage.
- Faris Shafi requested on social media in May 2019 that his song ‘Clap’ must be removed from the Lux Style Awards 2019 nominations. This was urged by him after his sister Meesha Shafi accused Pakistani singer Ali Zafar during the #MeToo movement wave in Pakistan in 2018. Meesha Shafi is a prominent Pakistani singer, actor, poet, and writer. Faris Shafi’s song ‘Clap’ was nominated for the Best Song Award by the Lux Style Awards in 2019.
- Tupac, Snoop Dogg, and Bohemia are followed by Faris Shafi. In a conversation with a media house, Faris Shafi stated that the Indian singer and rapper Honey Singh did not rap, but composed club music. He said,
Anyone who knows rap music knows that Honey Singh doesn’t rap. He makes club music, which is selling well for him. Rap, however, is poetry in rhythm. Honey Singh is popular, but anyone who knows rap will tell you his music has nothing to do with rap. I cringe when I hear people refer to him as a rapper. Bohemia, on the other hand, is an inspiration.”
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings