Garima Yagnik is an Indian singer and actress, who made her singing debut with the song, Meherbani and worked in many films.
Garima Yagnik was born on Friday, 3 January 1997 (age 25 years; as of 2022) in London. Her Zodiac sign is Capricorn. She was brought up in an Indian family in London, UK. She did her schooling in London. At the age of fourteen, she moved to India. She did her later part of schooling at Jamnabai Narsee School in Mumbai and she got graduated from Mithibai College of Science, Arts, and Commerce in Mumbai. From ten years of age, Garima Yagnik started doing musical theatre, and so acting has always been around her life. According to Garima, she was passionate about singing since her childhood.
Height (approx.): 5’8″
Eye Colour: Black
Garima Yagnik is the niece of Bollywood Singer, Alka Yagnik.
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information about her parents.
She has a younger brother.
In 2015, Garima Yagnik started her career in the music industry. She sang a part in the song, Slum Stars, of Bappi Lahiri’s album under the same name. In 2016, she made her debut with the song, Meherbani, which was a Hindi and soft romantic track.
In 2018, Garima made her solo debut in song, Naina Barse Kyun.
In 2018, she performed in Wedding theatrical, Baale Baale, show that is a Bollywood musical show by Wizcraft held in Delhi and was later shown in the Kingdom of Dreams theatre in Gurugram, Haryana. The two-hour show has talented stars singing famous Bollywood songs live along with entertaining the audiences with their brilliant performances.
In 2021, She made her film debut along with Manoj Bajpayee in the film, Silence. In the movie, she portrayed the character of Kia.
In 2021, Garima appeared in a short film, Suraj and Saanjh.
In 2022, she appeared in the series, Fame Game on Netflix. Apart from Hindi films, Garima also worked in a short Punjabi film, which was screened at the Cannes Film Festival.
Apart from acting and music, she has worked with many television commercials like Lux (2019), Brand Factory (2019), Kesh King Shampoo (2019), Clean and Clear, Cadbury Perk, Tata Motors (2016), Citibank (2020), and Bingo (2020). In 2019, She appeared on a magazine cover of Wow Hyderabad.
As a Judge
In 2017, Garima was a judge at a singing competition at Thakur College and Cooper Medical College in Mumbai.
- Singer(s): Sunidhi Chauhan and Arijit Singh
- Song: Fly Me to the Moon by Frank Sinatra
- Actress: Deepika Padukone
- Place: France
- Movie(s): Roman holiday (1953), Sabrina (2018), Funny Face (2020), and Breakfast at Tiffanys (1961)
- In an interview, Garima said that her aunt, Alka Yagnik, has encouraged her a lot.
- According to Garima, her inspiration is singer, Sunidhi Chauhan and actress Rani Mukerji.
- In an interview, Garima revealed that apart from singing classes, she has also learned acting.
- According to Garima, she is more inclined toward western songs as she was raised in London.
- In an interview, Garima said that she visited her home very less so she is not so familiar with the Bollywood industry.
- In an Instagram post, Garima posted that her childhood favourite song was Zara Zara from the film, Rehna Hai Tere Dil Mein.
- According to Garima her first playback singing at music composer, Bappi Lahiri’s studio happened by accident and not by any planned design.
- In an interview, Garima said that she had been confident about her singing in her second single and first solo, Naina Kyun Barse, but one person she was scared to play the song to before its release was her aunt, Alka Yagnik.
- According to Garima, she learned western and classical music.
- In an interview, Garima revealed that when she was in London, she used to listen to Alka Yagnik‘s songs as she also had made a special playlist of her songs.
- Garima’s Instagram account is with the name Garima Yajnik.
- She is active on social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook.
- In an interview, Garima revealed that in 2020, due to the lockdown situation she gave a video call audition for the movie, Silence.
- Garima loves watching murder mystery movies and old movies. She also said that she often watches Bengali shows with her family.
- Talking to a media person Garima expressed her desire to work with the director, Imtiaz Ali and with actor, Ranbir Kapoor.
- According to Garima music was more like her hobby and acting was what she always wanted to pursue a career in.
- In an interview, Garima revealed that during her childhood she was a shy girl.