Ghazal Alagh is an Indian businesswoman and a corporate trainer who is the co-founder of the ‘Mamaearth’ brand that deals in health, wellness and fitness products online. Ghazal Alagh is also the founder of TheDermaCo. In 2021, she appeared as one of the judges of the Indian business reality show ‘Shark Tank India.’
Ghazal Alagh was born on Friday, 02 September 1988 (age 33 years; as of 2021) in Gurgaon, Haryana. Her zodiac sign is Virgo. In 2010, Ghazal Alagh completed her degree in Bachelor’s in Computer Applications from Panjab University. in 2013, she did a Summer Intensive Course in Modern Art in Design and Applied Arts. In the same year, Ghazal Alagh did an intensive course in figurative art at the New York Academy of Art.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Her mother’s name is Sunita Sahni.
Husband & Children
She got married to Varun Alagh in 2011. Varun Alagh is the co-founder of the Mamaearth Brand. The couple has a son named Agastya Alagh.
In 2008, she started working at NIIT Limited at Chandigarh, India and served there for two and a half years. She worked as a trainer of SQL, J2ME, and Oracle. In 2012, she founded the Dietexpert.com website that provides a customised diet plan to its customers on the basis of weight, age, lifestyle, and blood group. This website is followed by more than 2k people. In 2015, Ghazal Alagh founded Honasa Consumer Pvt Ltd (Mamaearth) and started working as its Chief Innovation Officer at Gurgaon, India.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- 2018 -2019: She received the award for the Best Brand of the year for Mamaearth.
- 2019: She was one of the forty under forty achievers of India.
- 2019: Super StartUps Asia Award
- Books: Obstacle is the Way: The Ancient Art of Turning Adversity to Advantage by Ryan Holiday and Atomic Habits by James Clear
As of 2021, the annual net worth of Mamaearth business was $730 million.
- Ghazal Alagh is often featured on the cover pages of various renowned Indian magazines and tabloids.
- In 2019, famous Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty Kundra invested in the Mamaearth baby care startup.
- In a conversation with a media house, Ghazal stated that she thought of starting up a venture that produce non-toxic baby care products after her own baby got allergic to the baby care products available in the market. She stated,
My first child, Agastya, was severely allergic as an infant, and we could only use toxin-free products for him. That’s when my husband and I realized that there were no toxin-free baby care products available easily in the Indian market.”
In the same interview, she gave three pieces of advice Ghazal Alagh to those women who wished to start a business of their own. She said,
Be kind to yourself, Be okay with a B in some things, and Take time out for your feminine side.”
- Ghazal Alagh likes to enjoy wine occasionally.
- Ghazal Alagh remains active on social media. She often posts her pictures while travelling to different places along with her husband and son. She has over 44k followers on Instagram.
- Various prominent newspapers often wrote articles on the successful life journey of Ghazal Alagh.
- Apart from selling its products in India, Mamaearth caters international market too under the leadership of Ghazal Alagh. It takes orders from Bangladesh and Nepal.
- She has a tattoo inked on her back.