Hamsa Nandini is a renowned Indian actress and model. She is also an accomplished dancer who is best known for performing item numbers in Telugu cinema. In 2011 and 2013, she was the lead model for MaaStars magazine, Celebrity Cricket League, and Hyderabad International Fashion week.
Hamsa Nandini was born on Saturday, 8 December 1984 (age 37 years; as of 2021) in Pune, Maharashtra, India. Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius. After completing her school education, she received a graduate degree in Commerce. Later, Hamsa Nandini pursued her post-graduation in Human Resources.
Height (approx.): 6′
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Light Brown
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Vinay Bartake.
Hamsa Nandini has two cousin sisters.
In 2017, Hamsa Nandini was spotted with a biker who was her rumoured boyfriend in Himachal Pradesh, India. She was on a holiday with him. She did not reveal his name and stated to the media that she met the biker in 2016 and was in love with him; but, was wedded to her work. Hamsa was again seen dating the same biker in the USA in the same year. 
In 2007, Hamsa Nandini started working in Telugu films. Her debut movie was Anumanspadam. In 2008, she was cast in the movie Gita. In 2009, she appeared in the film Adhineta. Hamsa Nandini is a prominent item dancer in the Telugu film industry. The popular Telugu item songs such as Mirchi, Bhai, Atharintiki Daaredi, and Ramayya Vasthavayya were performed by Hamsa Nandini. Hamsa Nandini portrayed the role of a historical warrior princess named Madanika in the Telugu movie Rudhramadevi in 2015.
- Her real name is Poonam Bartake. 
- Hamsa Nandini remains very active on her social media accounts. She has more than 621k followers on her Instagram account. Her YouTube account has more than 17.4k subscribers. She often posts her cooking and travelling videos along with endorsing commercial products on her YouTube channel.
- Hamsa Nandini was born Poonam Bartake. She gained huge popularity with this name when she was ventured into the Telugu film industry. Later, she changed her name from Poonam Bartake to Hamsa Nandini on the advice of South Indian film director Vamsy as there were many other heroines with the same name.
- Hamsa Nandini began endorsing commercial products and brands as a model when she was in class eleventh. Her birthplace is Pune, and she is a renowned model of the advertising industry.
- Hamsa Nandini enjoys drinking alcohol occasionally.
- In 2009, she appeared in the film Adhineta when she went back to work as a model after working in the movie Anumanspadam in 2008. She narrated her experience in a conversation with a media house when she was cast as a lead actress in the Telugu films. She said,
After Anumanspadam, I went back to walk the Fashion Week and was just looking for a break, when I landed this offer in Adhineta.”
- Hamsa Nandini loves her pet dog. She often shares pictures of her pet on her social media account.
- In 2009, Hamsa Nandini talked about her parents in a conversation with a media house. She stated that her mother died of cancer when Hamsa was very little. Hamsa’s father raised her. She further stated that her father handles her PR. She said,
My dad means everything to me, he handles my PR.”
Hamsa Nandini further added that she was a straightforward kind of personality. She said,
I am quite a straight forward person by nature and get put off by pseudos.”
- According to Hamsa Nandini, item songs in Telugu films gave her immense popularity in her acting and dancing career. She revealed in an interview with a media house that one could grab a lot of attention when paired with big stars in the item songs. She said,
It gives you phenomenal reach especially if you’re paired opposite big stars. I believe it is a good platform to reach out to the masses. I’m happy doing a five-minute dance number that assures me a lot of attention rather than featuring in 10 scenes in a film with no scope for performance.”
- In her leisure time, Hamsa Nandini loves cooking food. She regularly posts videos while cooking a variety of dishes on her YouTube channel and Instagram account.
- Hamsa Nandini believes in keeping her body fit and fine. She does regular physical exercises to keep herself in shape.
- Several renowned Indian magazines and tabloids often feature Hamsa Nandini on their cover page.
- Apart from being an actress, Hamsa Nandini is also a certified sailor. In 2017, she received a certificate in sailing in Thailand.
- Various prominent Indian newspapers often cover the life journey stories of Hamsa Nandini.
- Hamsa Nandini is a nature lover. She is often spotted planting saplings in her garden.
- In December 2021, Hamsa Nandini was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer. Hamsa posted the news on her Instagram account along with a long note in which she revealed that she was tested positive for BRCA1 (Hereditary Breast Cancer) and said that her mother died of cancer 18 years ago. She penned,
One morning 4 months ago, I felt a lump in my breast and the trauma of my mother, whom I lost to cancer came out gushing. Within a few hours, I rushed to a Mammography Centre for my very first mammogram. I was immediately asked to meet a Surgical Oncologist to discuss the type of biopsy that needed to be carried out. My fears were confirmed. I was diagnosed with a Grade III Invasive Carcinoma (breast cancer), and the hype ensued; pangs of trauma from my mother’s battle with cancer drove me into a volley of waking nightmares. We all have such grand plans for our lives; as for mine, no number of adjustments seemed enough to accommodate the malady that became a proverbial tumour of my precious time.”
She further added,
The relief was short-lived as I tested positive for BRCA1 (Hereditary Breast Cancer). This means that I have a genetic mutation that almost guarantees that I would have a 70% chance of another Breast Cancer and a 45% chance of Ovarian Cancer throughout my life. The only way to mitigate the risk is through some very extensive prophylactic surgeries which I need to undergo before I can claim Victory. Currently, I have already undergone 9 cycles of Chemotherapy with 7 more to go.”
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings