Hansraj Raghuwanshi is an Indian singer, songwriter, and music composer, who mainly sings devotional songs of Lord Shiva. He gained immense fame with his song “Mera Bhola Hai Bhandari” (2019).
Hansraj Raghuwanshi aka Baba Ji was born on Saturday, 18 July 1992 (age 30 years; as of 2022) in Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh. Later, his family shifted to Mangal Village, Kunihar Tehsil, Solan District, Himachal Pradesh. His zodiac sign is Cancer.
He did his schooling at a government school in Kasol, Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh, and later, he attended a school in Solan, Himachal Pradesh. He then enrolled in MLSM College, Sundernagar, Chaterokhri, Himachal Pradesh, to pursue B.Com. He flunked in BCom second year four times and dropped out of college. After a few months, he pursued B A in Music from MLSM College, Sundernagar, Chaterokhri, Himachal Pradesh.
Height (approx.): 5′ 10″
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
He was born in a Hindu family.
Parents & Siblings
His father, Prem Lal, works as a carpenter, and Prem Lal used to sing in a village mandali (group). His mother’s name is Leela Devi. He has two younger siblings. His brother, Manjit Raghuvanshi, works as a business development representative in HDFC bank, Solan, Himachal Pradesh, and his younger sister, Seema Raghuvanshi, is a veterinary pharmacist.
As of 2022, he is not married.
On 11 September 2017, he started dating a girl from Himachal Pradesh named Komal Saklani. In an interview, while talking about Komal, Hansraj said,
11 September 2017. On that day my girlfriend Komal Saklani came in my life. She changed everything in my life, made my environment positive and company better and I started focusing more on working on my own. Whatever little I have become today, it would not have been possible without Komal’s support and inspiration.”
Baba Ki Kutiya, House No. 616 B Swastik Vihar, Zirakpur, Punjab
In 2016, he made his debut as a singer with the Hindi devotional song “Baba Ji.”
In 2018, he sang songs like “Shimla Girl,” “Ganga Kinare,” “Ganja Ganja,” and “Baba Badnaam.” He came into the limelight with his Hindi devotional song “Mera Bhola Hai Bhandari” in 2019. He uploaded the song on YouTube, and within a few hours, the video had millions of views.
Hansraj then released various devotional songs on Lord Shiva which gained immense popularity. Some of such songs are “Shiv Kailasho Ke Vasi” (2019), “Laagi Lagan Shankara” (2020), “Shiv Samarahe” (2021), and “Main Shiv Ka Shiv Mere” (2021).
In 2019, he made his Hindi film debut as a singer in the film ‘Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas’ starring Karan Deol and Sahher Bambba. Hansraj lent his voice for the song “Aadha Bhi Zyaada” in the film.
In 2020, he collaborated with the famous Indian singer Richa Sharma for the Hindi song ‘Duntara.’
In 2022, he performed live on the eve of Shivratri at an event organised by the Sadhguru’s spiritual organisation Isha Foundation. He has also performed at various festivals and events in Himachal Pradesh and other states in India.
- Royal Enfield Bullet
- Kawasaki Ninja
- Morris Garages
- Volkswagen Polo
- Singer(s): A. R. Rahman, Kailash Kher, Mukesh
- Song: Jane Kahan Gaye Woh Din from the Hindi film Mera Naam Joker (1970)
- While he was studying in class 5, he started singing in school singing competitions. However, he left singing when he was in class 10.
- In childhood, Hansraj wanted to become a Deputy Commissioner.
- After dropping out of college, he went to Delhi and did a few odd jobs there. He then returned to Himachal Pradesh and started working as a dishwasher in the canteen of MLSM College, Sundernagar, Himachal Pradesh. He also worked as a delivery boy in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh. He saved the money from his jobs and released his first song ‘Baba Ji.’ In an interview, he shared that he used to visit various government offices to get a chance in singing, but he was always rejected because he did not have any recommendations. In an interview, he said,
The biggest complaint in Himachal’s forums is “recommendation.” In this, suggestions should be taken from the public through social media and other mediums that who among the artists they want to hear this time. Also there should be auditions for the struggling youth.”
- Hansraj is quite popular among his fans for his dreadlocks hairstyle. In an interview, while talking about it, he said,
By birth I have such hair, I even tried hair rebonding several times, but it still grows the same. So, I decided to keep it the way it is.”
- He received huge criticism for his song “Ganja Ganja” (2018) for promoting drugs in the music video.
- During the promotion of the Hindi film ‘Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas’ (2019), he made his first national television appearance in the singing TV reality show ‘Superstar Singer.’
- Hansraj Raghuwanshi is an avid dog lover and has a husky named Joy.
- As of June 2022, he has around 8.51 million subscribers on his self-titled YouTube channel, and 1.7 million followers on his Instagram account.
- His hobbies include photography, listening to music, and cooking.
- Hansraj is an ardent devotee of Lord Shiva.
- He has got three tattoos inked on his body. The first is a tattoo of a snake inked on the left side of his neck, the second is a tattoo of ‘BABA with a star’ on his right forearm, and the third is a big tattoo inked on his left arm including two tattoos of Lord Shiva and Mahamrityunjaya Mantra.