Bio Data / Biography
Irrfan Khan was a famous actor in India and spanned over 30 years in bollywood industry and earned various awards including Padma Shri Award, His birth anniversary is celebrated on 7th January across the nation and his fans. His age is 53 years old at the time of his death. His wife Sutapa Sikdar and his two sons Ayaan and Babil Khan lived with her mother after the death of Irfan Khan on April 2020 due to the cause of Tumour. He was very quite student in his school and lived with his family in Jaipur.
|Shabzade Irfan Ali Khan
|Sutapa Sikdar (Dialogue Writer) m. 1995-present
|Sons- Ayaan Khan,
|23 February 1995
Morphology (Physical Appearance)
|70 kg, 154 pounds
|Chest: 40 Inches
Biceps: 13 Inches
Waist: 31 Inches
In 90’s he begans his career through television shows in which he played a minor role then he got some good roles in TV serials such as Chanakya (1991), Bharat Ek Khoj (1988), Chandrakanta (1994) and Banegi Apni Baat (1993-97), On Doordarshan channels “AnnoGoong” and on starplus “Sparsh” in 1998.
In early times of films he was appeared in unnoticeable films “Such a long Journey” and also in horror show “Ssshhh….Koi Hai” in 2001.
In 2003 he won the award for film Haasil who played negative role and He offered first lead role in film Rog in 2005 with former model Ilene Hamann.
In 2008 he was featured in Slumdog Millionaire as a police inspector with co-stars Anil Kapoor and also iin film Life of Pi in 2012, he was the first celebrity who won the Academy awards, reportedly Gulshan Grover was selected for the film Slumdog Millionaire but khan was selected finally for film.
|Ek Doctor Ki Maut
|7 Khoon Maaf
He won the national Film Award for the film Paan Singh Tomar and got so much fame and critically acclaimed films by the audience and fans.
His last movie was Angrezi Medium in which he was played role as a Champak Bansal.
In July 2016 On the Festival EID-ul-Adha he gave speech on ‘Qurbani’ Islamic rituals during the promotion of his film ‘Madari’ in Jaipur, He said “Jitne rituals hain, jitne festivals hain, hum unka asal matlab bhool gaye hain, humne unka ek tamasha bana diya hia” and “Qurbani ek bahut ahem festival hai” Goat is a prime source of food and so many waited as a hungar So try to sacrifice and distribut to people.
Due to this speech Muslims were anger on his statement but he reply on twitter “Please bhaiyon, who are upset with my statement I am so sorry”
Social Media Accounts
Instagram Id @irrfan
Irrfan was born in royalist’s Muslim family his mother and father was a wealthy person due to had (own properties) and well developed business, he also wanted to joined his family tires business.
He grew up in his town ‘Tonk district’ and Jaipur also, he was a very shy boy in his school times and he could not even speaks loudly in class due to this his teacher scold his so many times in a day.
He loves to become a cricketer and selected for a cricket tournament in CK Nayudu Trophy under-23 but he lose the game due to lack of money for visiting the place.
When he was completed his college degree MA from Jaipur he got opportunity to entered in drama school “National School of Drama” due to his acting skills.
In last time of his drama course he was selected to play a minor role in film “Salaam Bombay” by filmmaker Mira Nair, but the scene was cut down in releasing time.
When he moved in Mumbai for acting, he faced lots of problem to afford the necessary things for living he repaired air conditioner and worked as a tutor.
He was fallen in love of his classmate girl Sutapa Sikdar in NSD, she belongs to hindu Brahmin family later he married with her in 1995.
They have two sons who lived with his wife after his death.
On 29 April Irrfan dies due to his prolonged diseases tumor and his mother also died just four days his death in Jaipur.
In Versova Mumbia Khan was buried in Kabristan and his rites were performed by his sons on his Graveyard.
|Date of birth
|Saturday 7 January 1967
|Age (till death)
|53 years (as in 2020)
|Date of Death
|Wednesday 29 April 2020
|Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital (Mumbai)
|Neuroendocrine tumour (Colon Infection) 
|Jaipur, Rajashthan, India
|Birth & Zodiac sign
|Capricorn (based on date of birth)
|Khajuriya Village, Tonk District, Rajashthan, India
|5th floor Apartment, Oshiwara, Mumbai
|National School of Drama, Delhi
|Diploma Course in Drama, MA Degree
|Food & Dietary habits
|Interest & Hobbies
|Reading books, Playing Cricket, Movies
| National Film Award
2013: Paan Singh Tomar (Best Actor)
Awards by Indian Government
|Rs. 12-14 Crore/film
|Rs. 344 Crore (INR), $50 Million
Family & Ancestor
Irrfan Khan was born in Pathan family but does not eat non-veg food his father say that he was a Brahmin who born in Pathans, he said0 0in interview “My family would tell me, Brahmin paida hua Pathano ke ghar mein”
|Sahazada Yaseen Ali Khan
|Salman Khan, Imran Khan
Favourite & Beloved things
|Salman Khan, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Marlon Brando
|Grand Hotel du Cap-Ferrat, France
|Holiday & Festivity Destination(s)
|Color & Dye(s)
Some minor known facts about Irrfan Khan
- Irrfan Khan smokes and drinks alcohol like other actors, he said in Interview about his habit “Drinking’s not a gentleman’s game for me- you know two pegs every evening. If I start drinking, I drink till I drop dead. So generally, I don’t like my body, I hate myself. When I was younger, I could keep drinking all night and it wouldn’t hit me that hard”
- Irfan changed his name spellings from ‘Irfan’ to ‘Irrfan” due to numerological reason in 2012 and said he liked the extra sound of ‘r’.
- Khan makes a dream in his teenage age to gifting a suitcase with full of money to her mother one day.
- Irfan had a ten rupees note on which his date of birth is matched with serial number of Indian currency note.
- His movie “Launch Box” is the only one Indian movie which received the TFCA award (Toronto Film Critics Association) for his acting.
- In 2015, He did campaign “Resurgent Rajasthan” as a brand ambassador for Rajasthan government.
- In Los Angeles Airport he was detained two times because his name was similar to terror suspect.
- On 16 March 2018 he was revealed his disease on social media that he was suffering from “NeuroEndocrine Tumour” and grows rapidly into tumours.
- On his death was mourned including so many filmy stars in bollywood and Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Irrfan Khan loves to raise animals and said during an interview he said “Dad always used to take us along when he went hunting. For us it was adventurous; but when I went with my sister or my little brother, it was a bit traumatic because evebn though we enjoyed the mystery of the jungle and being in a new environment when a wild animal was ultimately killed we used to imagine what would happen to the animal’s family or its mother. We used to create an emotional connect with the animal. I learnt how to use the rifle, but I never hunted with it. I also strangely did not eat non-vegetarian food; maybe I didn’t enjoy the taste”