Amar B. Choudary,  better known by his stage name Jiiva, is an Indian actor and film producer who mainly works in the Tamil film industry. He is the youngest son of the film producer R. B. Choudary. In 2021, Jiiva played the role of the former Indian cricketer Krishnamachari Srikkanth in the Hindi-language biographical sports film “83.”
Jiiva, also known as Jeeva,  was born on Wednesday, 4 January 1984 (age 37 years; as of 2021) in Madras (now, Chennai), Tamil Nadu, India. His zodiac sign is Capricorn.
He did his schooling at Adarsh Senior Secondary School, T Nagar, Chennai. After completing his schooling, Jiiva pursued a course in Multimedia Graphics.  Jiiva was inclined towards music since childhood and grew up listening to rock and heavy metal music.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Black
Jiiva is Tamilian from his mother’s side and Rajasthani from his father’s side. 
Parents & Siblings
Jiiva’s father, R. B. Choudary, is an Indian film producer. He owns a production company named Super Good Films. The company has been a launchpad for many now-famous directors and actors. His mother’s name is Mahjabeen.
He has three brothers. His eldest brother, Suresh Choudary, is a co-producer in their home banner- Super Good Films. His brother, Jeevan Choudary, is an entrepreneur and owns a steel company. His third brother, Jithan Ramesh Choudary, is a film actor and producer.
Wife & Children
He tied the knot with his childhood friend Supriya (interior designer) on 21 November 2007. Supriya is a Punjabi.  Together, they have a son named Sparsha Choudary.
Jiiva started his career as a child actor in 1991 with the Tamil film ‘Cheran Pandiyan.’ He made his debut as a lead actor with the Tamil film ‘Aasai Aasaiyai’ as Vinod in 2003. The film was produced under his father’s production house Super Good Films. Next, he starred in the Tamil film ‘Thithikudhe’ (2003).
In 2006, he made his Malayalam film debut with the film ‘Keerthi Chakra’ in which he played the role of Havildar Jaikumar.
He made his television debut in 2008 by participating in the reality TV dance show ‘Jodi Number One (Season 3).’ His partner in the show was Aishwarya Prabhakar (television actress). Some of his popular Tamil films include ‘Raam’ (2005), ‘Siva Manasula Sakthi’ (2009), ‘Ko’ (2011), Endrendrum Punnagai (2013), Pokkiri Raja (2016), and Gypsy (2020).
- Asianet Best Star Pair Award for the film ‘Keerthi Chakra’ (2006)
- Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Actor for the film ‘Neethaane En Ponvasantham’ (2012)
- Food: Burger, Pizza
- Actor: Sylvester Stallone
- Actress(es): Julia Roberts, Kate Winslet, Sridevi
- Sport(s): Badminton, Cricket
- Badminton Player: P. V. Sindhu
- Cricketer: MS Dhoni
- Colour(s): Black, White
- Travel Destination: Australia
- Book: Peoplewatching by Desmond Morris
- Film(s): Philadelphia (1993), Alaipayuthey (2000), Dil Chahta Hai (2001)
- Singer(s): Kumar Sanu, Uthara Unnikrishnan
- Music Director(s): A. R. Rahman, Harris Jayaraj
- Music Band(s): Def Leppard, Metallica, The Scorpions
- Film Director(s): James Cameron, Mel Gibson, Ashutosh Gowariker, Farhan Akthar, Mani Ratnam, Vikraman, S. Shankar
- Car Brand(s): Audi, BMW
- Wrist Watch Brand(s): Breitling, Tag Heuer, Pierre Cardin
- Jiiva loves listening to music, watching films, and playing cricket in his leisure time.
- He is trained in Kung fu (Chinese martial art).
- Jiiva often consumes alcohol at parties and social events.
- Jiiva admires the work of Aamir Khan Productions.
- In one of his interviews, Jiiva said that he wanted to produce films like Bhoot (2003), Apocalypto (2006), Paranormal activity (2007), Subramaniapuram (2008), Pasanga (2009), and Peepli Live (2010).
- He is fondly called J’amar by his friends and family members. 
- During an interview, Jiiva said that he had a limited grasp of the Hindi language and that prevented him to work in Bollywood. He further said,
I speak accented Hindi. I’m more happy speaking Tamil. I’ve only done a Malayalam film (Keerthi Chakra in 2006) because my character spoke Tamil. Even 83, I accepted because I had the liberty of speaking Tamil.”
- Jiiva shares a great bond with the Tamil actors Arya, Jayam Ravi, Vikranth, Poonam, and Shriya.
- He is a fitness enthusiast and works out regularly.
- In an interview, when asked if he was a gadget freak, Jiiva replied,
I am more of an Apple freak. I have everything that Apple has brought out. I cannot imagine my life without my iPod, iPhone and now, iPad. My iMac has all my favourite movies loaded so that I can watch them wherever I am. I suppose that would make me a hardcore iFan. Steve Jobs is my idol.”
- He owns two cars- Chevrolet Captiva and Ford Endeavour.
- His luxury weaknesses include cars and watches.
- As of 2019, Jiiva used to charge Rs. 2-3 crore for a film.