Kasia Gallanio (1976-2022), also known as Kasia Al Thani , was the princess of Qatar. She was the third wife of Abdelaziz bin Khalifa Al-Thani, uncle of the Emir of Qatar Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani. On May 29, 2022, Kasia was found dead inside her home in the Spanish city of Marbella.
Kasia Gallanio was born on Sunday, October 2, 1977 (age 45 years; at the time of her death), in Krakow, Poland. Her zodiac sign is Libra.
While she was a child, her family moved to the United States, where she studied at California State University.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 55 Kg
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Black
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-28-34
Kasia Gallanio was of Polish descent.
Parents & Siblings
Kasia’s mother’s name is Halina Pieczonka. She had a sister named Nina Georgala and a brother named Ahmed Ashmawi.
Husband & Children
Kasia Gallanio got married to Abdelaziz bin Khalifa Al-Thani, the son of Khalifa bin Hamad Al Thani (former Emir of Qatar), in 2004. Her husband served as the oil minister and minister of finance in the Qatar government from 1972 to 1992. She had three daughters, Sheikha Malak, Sheika Yasmin and Sheikha Reem. While two of her daughters are 17-year-old twins, her youngest daughter is 15 years old.
Embed from Getty Images
She divorced Al-Thani after a few years of their marriage and accused him of sexually abusing one of her daughters. However, Al-Thani has always denied the allegations. For over 15 years, she had been engaged in a legal battle with her ex-husband, Abdelaziz bin Khalifa Al-Thani, over the custody of their children. Reportedly, on May 19, 2022, the Paris court rejected her request for custody. The judge postponed the case until a psychological assessment was made on Kasia as she was suffering from nervous breakdowns for a long time. All her children resided with their father on the luxury Avenue Montaigne in Paris.
At the age of 19, while she was on a trip to Paris, she met Abdelaziz bin Khalifa Al-Thani, a former minister in the government of Qatar, and fell in love with him. They both dated each other for a while and then decided to get married. Reportedly, Al-Thani was cast out of the royal family in 1992 as he allegedly tried to overthrow the Emir of Qatar. Therefore, he moved to France and got settled there.
She followed Islam.
In 2007, Kasia launched a luxury gifting company named Savoir-Faire.com. The company went into voluntary liquidation in 2010. In 2018, Kasia joined the business team of the French Professional Football Club FC Martigues.
Kasia Gallanio was found dead inside her home in the Spanish city of Marbella on May 29, 2022. The cause of her death is believed to be a drug overdose. Reportedly, the police visited her house on May 29 after receiving multiple complaints from her youngest daughter, who lived in Paris. Her daughter told the police that Kasia had not responded to her phone calls for several days. On reaching her house, the police found her laying dead in her bed. There were no signs of violence on her body. Talking about Kasia during a media conversation, Louis Spagnuolo, a friend of Gallanio in Marbella, said,
I knew her very, very well and I’m overwhelmed by the news. She was a very good person and those who knew her loved her.”
She loved her daughters immensely and would never leave them. She was dead of drugs and had never been an alcoholic.”
- Food: Sushi
- Actress: Sophia Loren
- Attire: Kaftan
- Travel Destination: London
- Horse Whisperer: AlcantarA ecuestre
- Fashion Brand: Chanel
- According to some sources, Kasia Gallanio had a U.S. nationality.
- Kasia loved partying and enjoyed a luxurious life.
- According to French media, Gallanio was battling depression and drug and alcohol addictions. She was living alone in Spain and was hospitalised for several months as she was suffering from nervous breakdowns.
- In 2009, Kasia discovered fraudulent activity on her husband’s account at Barclays Bank in Marbella after which she filed legal action against the bank. Later, the bank settled for an undisclosed amount.
- Kasia was often spotted consuming alcohol on various occasions.
- An avid dog lover, Kasia had two pet dogs named Honey and Bella.
- Kasia was featured in Hello magazine. She was also featured on the cover of the Porter magazine.
- Kasia had a huge collection of Birkin bags by Hermès.
- She owned a few horses and loved horseriding.
- She followed a non-vegetarian diet.
- Kasia owned an SUV with her name engraved on it.
- A social worker, she had hosted several workshops for sick and underprivileged children.
- She was an avid smoker.
- She is also referred to as Kashounia.
- She was very active on social media and had more than 500k followers on her Instagram account.
- During an interview, while talking about her daughters, Kasia said,
Two of my daughters are Twins. They wanted to live with me and for that, he punished them by cutting off all communication with them. This is very sad, children need both parents. The little one is not allowed to talk to me and this hurts me a lot as it seems that they are blackmailing her and manipulating her with all the luxuries they offer her. I feel like a part of me is missing.”
- In one of her Instagram posts, Kasia talked about the situation that she was going through. She said,
I have been struggling with posting this on my IG but after getting so many messages of support and how so many parents are in the same situation……I decided to share my story. First, a man should never disrespect the mother of his children and vice versa. No matter how mad, upset or jealous or spiteful the father of my kids is …………. I am doing whatever I can to provide, protect, love, raise, feed and educate the girls like no one else will. I’m not perfect but I try my best.
Children should NEVER be used as victims or pawns when the parents can’t get along. The father of my children Prince Abdulaziz Khalifa Al Thani has not paid one cent for child support for a over a year now to help me support and raise our children. In my opinion this is outrageous, unfair, embarrassing and a real shame. No matter on what financial level or status you are …..it’s really immoral because again the kids are the casualty …. However it’s more humiliating when you are a billionaire prince of QATAR.”
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings