Lalit Dalmia is a well known Indian fashion designer. He is famous for his bridal wear and glamorous style outfits.
Lalit Dalmia was born on Tuesday, 14 August 1979 (age 42 years; as of 2022) in Delhi, India. His zodiac sign is Leo. Lalit Dalmia pursued a bachelor’s in fine arts, fashion(BFA) at Delhi University. Later, he did a fashion designing course at JD Institute of fashion technology in 2006. Lalit always wanted to be an actor. During his school days, Lalit was a student of the National School of drama, which is the country’s top theatre college. Lalit actively participated in a lot of plays and in theatre activities. After completing the course at JD Institute, Lalit designed his first outfit, a silk Anarkali, for his mother. In 2007, Lalit started his company named, Dalmia Designer India Private Limited, which was incorporated on 19 November 2007 in New Delhi, India. The headquarter of the company is in Delhi. His stores are in Pitam Pura and in Chandni Chowk, New Delhi. There are around 500 employees in his company. Lalit is known for his glamorous styles and for producing a wide range of siren dresses that became his trademark. Apart from Delhi, Lalit’s stores are also in Mumbai and Hyderabad.
He did many fashion shows, and he was always praised for his innovative collections. Lalit always believed in experimenting with unusual fabrics and different textures to create a masterpiece. According to Lalit, he mostly uses thread mesh material. In 2018, Lalit Dalmia also worked for a social cause, welfare for women and the girl child.
Lalit Dalmia’s father is in the cloth business. Lalit’s parents always wanted him to become an entrepreneur. Lalit often helped his father in his clothing business that developed an interest in Lalit to be a fashion designer.
Lalit Dalmia started his company, Dalmia Designer India Pvt. Ltd, on 19 November 2007. The headquarter of the company is in Delhi. Lalit Dalmia always wanted that every woman should feel beautiful, adorable in their outfit designed by him. Lalit always wanted to create a glamourous collection from the traditional textures with modern designs.
Lalit designed outfits for many Bollywood celebrities. He led many fashion shows with celebrities like Akshay Kumar, Esha Gupta, and Sunny leone. Lalit’s designs are intensely focussed on detailing different textures of fabrics.
Apart from this, Lalit participated in many leading shows like
- The Lakme fashion week, held on 28 August 2016, at St Regis Hotel, Mumbai.
- The Banglore fashion week show, held in 2015.
- Punjab fashion tour shows, held in 2015.
- The Mercedes fashion week show, held in 2015.
- India beach fashion week 2016, which was held in Goa.
- Delhi times PCJ India showcase week held in 2017 that presented costumes with 3d embroidery Mrs India NCR show.
- Lalit Dalmia was listed in 122 popular costume designers list.
- According to Lalit, he did one of his shows in goa sunset, as Goa’s sunset and sunrise are some of his favourites.
- According to Lalit, when he designs the costumes, he always ensures that he uses maximum Indian stuff.
- As per Lalit Dalmia, comfort and confidence are the two most important factors of being fashionable.
- Lalit always believes in maintaining sophistication, elegance, and class in his designed costumes.
- Lalit Dalmia always wanted to help the newcomers in the design industry. He wanted to open outlets that can eventually be used as a workshop for the new designers who want a good platform in the initial stage of business.
- Lalit Dalmia is not active on any social media platforms.
- Lalit Dalmia enjoys travelling and socializing.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings