Mukti Mohan is an Indian dancer and actress who is primarily known for working in television reality shows and music videos. She is well known for her appearance in dance reality shows like Zara Nachke Dikha and Jhalak Dhiklaa Jaa.
Mukti Mohan was born on Sunday, 21 July 1987 (age 34 years; as of 2021) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Cancer. Mukti completed her schooling at Birla Balika Vidyapeeth, Pilani. She completed her graduation in Psychology at St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai. Mukti got admission to Terence Lewis Contemporary Dance Company, to complete her dance training.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): 34-26-34
Mukti Mohan belongs to a Hindu Brahmin family.
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Brij Mohan Sharma. He is a government officer and writer.
Her mother’s name is Kusum Sharma. She is a homemaker.
Mukti has four sisters. The eldest among them is Neeti Mohan, a well-known singer, then Kriti Mohan, who works as an artist manager and Shakti Mohan, an established dancer.
Husband & Children
Mukti Mohan is not married yet.
In 2007, Mukti made her acting debut with the short film, Blood Brothers, directed by Vishal Bhardwaj. Next, she appeared in an item number, I Love to Love You, from the film Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster in 2011. Mukti did an item song, titled, Anthi Mantharai, in the film Muran. Mukti made a special appearance in the song, ‘Raat’ from Hate Story. She featured in an item song for the film, Topiwala, in 2013. In 2014, Mukti performed an item song, titled, Kambal Ke Neeche, for the film, Kaanchi: The Unbreakable. In 2017, Mukti appeared in a short film, Born Free where she played the character of Vanya.
In 2020, Mukti made a special guest appearance for a song, titled, Saiyyan Saiyyan, in the Netflix film, Bhaag Beanie Bhaag. In 2022, she played the character of Gauri, in the Netflix film, Thar.
In 2010, Mukti Mohan made her television debut as a contestant, on the dance reality show, Zara Nachke Dikha on Star Plus. Mukti, along with her team, Masakali Girls, won the show. In an interview, when asked about her debut in television, she said,
I am very excited about being part of such a big reality show. Working with so many renowned celebrities in itself is a big challenge and I would love to learn from them”.
In 2013, she participated as a contestant in a dance reality show, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, season 6 on Colors.
Mukti also participated in the show Comedy Circus Ka Jadoo as a Contestant. She teamed up with Kapil Sharma and later won the comedy show. In 2015, Mukti appeared in the show, Nach Baliye season 7, as a guest. Next, in 2016, she participated as a contestant in the show, Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi season 7.
In 2017, Mukti hosted a singing reality show, Dil Hai Hindustani, along with Raghav Juyal. In 2020, Mukti was featured in the show, ‘Dance With Me’ as a celebrity dance expert, alongside Shakti Mohan, on Zee Cafe. In an interview, she said,
Dance With Me has been my first stint as a host and dance expert and it’s surely been a fun affair shooting with Chiku didi. Our chemistry on the show received a lot of love across the internet all through the last season and we have much more in store for”.
Mohan sisters, Shakti and Mukti, appeared in the second season of the dance reality show, Dance With Me, in 2021.
In 2005, Mukti was featured in a music video, Teriyaan Tu Jaane, sung by Amit Trivedi, Harshdeep Kaur and Jyoti Nooran. In 2018, Mukti appeared in a music video, titled, Kanha Re, alongside Shakti Mohan and sung by Neeti Mohan.
In 2019, Mukti appeared in a music video, Ishq Ne, starring Sanam, which is sung by Anuradha Palakurthi. In 2022, Mukti was featured in a music video, Akhiyaan Na Akhiyaan, starring Shivin Narang and is sung by Asees Kaur and Goldie Sohel.
In 2022, Mukti appeared in a music video, Naari, alongside Shakti Mohan. The song is sung by her sister, Neeti Mohan.
In 2017, Mukti appeared in a web series, TVF Inmates, and played the character of Kay, a young and outspoken girl and a DJ by profession.
Mukti Mohan was featured in an advertisement for Ok Cupid India. She was also seen in an advertisement on women empowerment, titled, Dekh Le, which was issued in Public Interest by Whistling Woods International.
In 2022, Mukti won an award, the Kamala Rising Star award, which was presented by Shri Bhagat Singh Koshyari, Government of Maharashtra.
- Food: Venda food
- Destination: Italy
- Choreographer: Remo D’Souza
- Fashion Designer: Masaba
- Colour: Red
- Mukti is fondly called by the name, Golu, by her friends and family.
- Mukti has a YouTube channel, Mukti Manch, in which she posts acting and dance session, challenge videos and fun content; the channel has more than 79k subscribers.
- Mukti has a pet dog, Frodo.
- Mukti has a great voice and is fond of rapping. She shared a video on Instagram where she is seen rapping with her sister, Shakti Mohan.
- Mukti has a great fan following on social media. She has 2.7M followers on Instagram and 356.4K Followers on Twitter.
- Mukti also worked as an instructor for Bharatnatyam at Terence Lewis Dance Academy.
- Mukti is a fitness enthusiast and often shares her yoga session on social media.
- Mukti works as an influencer at PUMA. She collaborated on a music video with PUMA, titled, Suede Gully, which is the first multilingual music video in India by a global brand.
- In 2016, Mukti Mohan, hosted an award show, IIFA (International Indian Film Academy Awards) in Madrid, Spain.
- Mukti’s father, Brij Mohan, was not happy with the birth of 4 daughters. But now, he considers himself a proud father as his girls are proving that women are no less than men.
- Mukti is a trained Bharatnatyam dancer and is also proficient in other dance forms like Jazz, Ballet and Hip Hop.