Nongthombam Hiyainu Devi is an Indian entrepreneur and social worker. She is known for being the wife of N. Biren Singh who served as the twelfth Chief Minister of Manipur from 15 March 2017 to 11 March 2022.
N. Hiyainu Devi was born in 1969 (age 53 years; as of 2022) in Bishnupur, Manipur.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Not much is known about her parents and siblings.
Husband & Children
N. Hiyainu Devi is married to N. Biren Singh, an Indian politician, former footballer, and former journalist. Her husband served as the twelfth Chief Minister of Manipur.
The couple has two sons and one of them is named Nongthombam Ajay Singh. Ajay for charged with the murder of a man named Roger in 2011. They also have a daughter, Anjubala Nongthongbam, who is married to R. K. Imo Singh, a politician. R. K. Imo Singh is the son of Rajkumar Jaichandra Singh, the first Union Minister from Manipur.
N. Hiyainu Devi owns a Handloom and Handicraft business in Manipur. She is also a social worker. In 2020, she launched the Anaemia Free Manipur Poster Campaign under Bharat Vikas Parishad, Manipur, at Chief Minister’s Secretariat.
In the same year, she inaugurated the Imphal WPC store. It was the fourth WPC store in India by Hardy Smith, which was established for promoting and supplying eco-friendly WPC products in Manipur.
She also laid the foundation stone of a Water Supply Scheme at Lamlongei Maning Leikai (Leihaopokpi), Imphal, in 2021. The scheme was implemented by MOBEDS Manipur under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram (PMJVK).
- Cash- Rs. 1,80,000
- Bank Deposits- Rs. 7,89,368
- Jewellery (100 grams)- Rs. 4,97,600
- Agricultural Land- Rs. 24,35,000 (as of 2022)
- The people of Manipur fondly call her Mummy.
- She is an active supporter of the Bharatiya Janata Party.
- Hiyainu is also known as Nongthombam Ongbi Hiyainu
- In 2018, she was invited as a chief guest at the inauguration of the art gallery of the KAI group in Kangjabi Leirak, Imphal. After cutting the ribbon, when Hiyainu entered the gallery, she was enthralled to see her own portrait hanging among the aesthetically designed pieces of the KAI group.