Omkar Kapoor is an Indian actor who is known for his appearance in the film Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 (2015). Omkar is well known for playing a child artist in the films Masoom (1996), Judaai (1997), and Judwaa (1997).
Omkar Kapoor was born on Friday, 31 October 1986 (age 35 years; as of 2021) in Mumbai, India. His zodiac sign is Scorpio. Omkar completed his graduation in commerce at Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): 38-30-15
Parents & Siblings
Omkar’s father’s name is Prakash Kapoor.
His mother’s name is Kanta Kapoor.
Omkar has an elder brother Vikas Prakash Kapoor, who is a filmmaker in Bollywood.
Omkar Kapoor started his acting career as a child artist. He made his debut with the film Masoom (1996) in which he played the role of Kishan.
In 1996, he appeared in the film Chaahat in which he played the role of Vicky. In 1997, Omkar was seen as a child artist in various films like ‘Hero No. 1’ as Shekhar Jeevannath Tripathi, ‘Judwaa’ as Young Raja, and ‘Judaai’ as Romi Verma.
Next, he appeared in the film Sham Ghansham (1998), ‘International Khiladi’ as Young Devraj(1999), ‘Mela’ as Gopal (1999), ‘Aaj Ka Nanha Farishta’ as Suraj (2000), and ‘Ek Ajooba’ as Bakiya. In 2015, Omkar made his debut as an actor in the film Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 in which he played the role of Tarun Thakur.
In 2017, Omkar appeared in the first web-based feature film ‘U, Me Aur Ghar’ as Mithilesh Chaturvedi. In 2019, he was seen in the film ‘Jhootha Kahin Ka’ alongside Rishi Kapoor and Jimmy Sheirgill in which he played the role of Varun Singh.
In 1993, Omkar appeared on Zee TV’s show Filmi Chakkar in which he played the role of Chintoo.
In 2014, he appeared in Epic TV’s show Siyaasat as Mahabat Khan.
In 2018, Omkar starred in his debut web series ‘Kaushiki’ as Ankush Maggi Patel on Viu India.
In 2019, he appeared in the ZEE5 web series ‘Bhoot Purva’ as Purva and ‘Bhram’ as Yash Khanna. In 2020 Omkar was seen in the first episode of ZEE5 web series ‘Forbidden Love’ season 1 titled ‘Arranged Marriage’.
He played the character of Neel alongside Ali Fazal and Patralekhaa. In an interview, he said,
I play the character of Neil Sen and he belongs to a traditional family. Owing to family pressure he gets into an arrange marriage. Eventually he falls in love with someone and is unable to hide. And then as usual emotional family drama follows.”
In 2021, he was seen in the web series ‘Bisaat’ as Dr Abhijit Verma on MX Player.
In 2020, Omkar appeared in a music video ‘Makhmali’ alongside Ana Ilmi.
In 2021, he appeared in various music videos like ‘Rona Nahi’ alongside Pranutan Bahl, ‘Tauba Tauba’ alongside Khushbu Tiwari, ‘Meri Mohabbat’ alongside Sidhika Sharma, ‘Sau Sau Wari Khat Likhe’ alongside Sidhika Sharma and Khushbu Tiwari.
Omkar Kapoor has featured in a few advertisements for popular brands like LG, Myntra and Menzo Deo.
- 2015: Most Entertaining Actor in A Debut Role(Male) for Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 at Big Star Entertainment Awards, India
- 2015: Most Entertaining Ensemble Cast for Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 at Big Star Entertainment Awards, India
Omkar Kapoor owns an SUV, MG hector.
- Sport: Squash
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Actor(s): Salman Khan, Anil Kapoor and Govinda
- Holiday Destination: The United States
- Actress(es): Deepika Padukone and Sridevi
- Director(s): Luv Ranjan and Sanjay Leela Bhansali
- Omkar Kapoor is a national-level Squash player.
- Omkar assisted Sanjay Leela Bhansali during Sawaariya (2007), Farah Khan while filming Tees Maar Khan (2010), and Ahmed Khan as assistant choreographer.
- Omkar Kapoor is often spotted drinking alcohol with his friends and family.
- In 1998, when Omkar was twelve, he went to the United States to perform with the “Little Wonders” group.
- Omkar’s brother Vikas Kapoor was Salman Khan’s business manager for eight years. Salman shared a tweet in support of Omkar, after the trailer release of his film Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 (2015).
the kid who played my bacchpan in judwa omkaar is in it.N also jai paji who used to b a fighter then action director his son @mesunnysingh
— Salman Khan (@BeingSalmanKhan) October 5, 2015
- In an interview, Omkar expressed his views on the existence of nepotism in the Bollywood industry and said,
It’s a fact that nepotism exists. I was supposed to feature in a couple of films. But those with industry connections were chosen over me. But I was confident that my talent would be recognised someday.”
- Omkar appeared in the popular song ‘Chhota Baccha Samajhke Humko’ from the film Masoom (1996).
- Omkar Kapoor turned showstopper for designers Shruti and Mangaaysh at Pune Times Fashion Week (2018).