Poonam Azad is an Indian politician who joined the Indian National Congress in 2017, and she is married to former Indian cricketer Kirti Azad. She also refers to herself as a social worker.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Husband & Children
Poonam is married to former Indian cricketer Kirti Azad.
They have two sons, Somya Vardhan and Surya Vardhan.
In 2003, Poonam was a candidate against the then Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit from the Gole Market Assembly constituency in the assembly polls and won the elections. She served the BJP for 25 years as the spokesperson. She changed her party from BJP to AAP in November 2016, claiming that she had been ignored by the party for a long time. In 2017, she again changed her party from AAP to the Indian National Congress.
In 2016, when Poonam left the BJP, she claimed that it was Arun Jaitley who was responsible for not giving chance to her to earn the ticket for assembly elections. In a media conference, talking about her change of party,  she said,
I left the BJP because of Arun Jaitley. He has harassed us a lot. I was denied a party ticket because of him.”
- Cash: Rs. 1,92,675
- Deposits in Banks, Financial Institutions and Non-Banking Financial Companies: Rs. 85,50,483
- Bonds, Debentures and Shares in companies: Rs. 87,16,950
- LIC or other insurance Policies: Rs. 38,00,000
- Personal loans/advance given: Rs. 5,00,000
- Motor Vehicles: Rs. 33,60,000
- Jewellery: Rs. 42,52,500
- Other assets, such as values of claims/interests: Rs. 3,40,000
Gross Total Value: Rs. 2,97,12,808 
- Agricultural Land: Rs. 41,12,500
- Commercial Buildings: Rs. 5,00,00,000
- Residential Buildings: Rs. 1,04,00,000
Total Immovable Assets: Rs. 6,45,12,500 
- Loans from Banks/ FIs: Rs. 16,09,086
- Loans due to Individual/Entity: Rs. 5,00,000
- Any other Liability: Rs. 46,47,100
Total Liabilities: Rs. 67,56,386 
Her net worth (as of 2020) is Rs. 87,468,922. 
- During the assembly polls in 2003, Poonam went to invigilate the polling booth near Bangla Sahib Gurdwara, where she alleged that some Congress workers were beating the BJP workers. When she went forward to end the quarrel, she was also attacked by the Congress workers.
- Her husband, Kirti, had doubted and targeted finance minister Arun Jaitley on the Delhi District Cricket Association (DDCA) issue. Kirti was blamed for breaking the discipline of the party, and he was suspended from the BJP.
- In 2016, Delhi’s Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia gave a warm welcome to Poonam when she joined AAP and left BJP. In a press conference held for her welcome, she gave the reason for leaving the party. She said,
I see a future, especially for the youth, in AAP. The reason why I quit BJP is because we were mistreated by Arun Jaitley. He did not give us poll tickets despite promising many times. Also, my husband, Kirti Azad, was suspended when he raised his voice against corruption. BJP is maintaining a dual stand.”
- In 2017, Delhi Congress president Ajay Maken welcomed Poonam when she left AAP and joined Congress. She has an old relation with the Congress party because her father-in-law, Bhagwat Jha Azad, was the Congress’ Chief Minister of Bihar. In a press conference, she stated the reason for leaving AAP and said,
I have returned to the party that fought for India’s independence. I did not have any personal problems in the AAP. But, there was a lack of organisation. I did not suit their politics. I want to work with the Congress and strengthen it.”
- In November 2021, she again changed the party and joined the All India Trinamool Congress along with her husband. West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee welcomed Poonam and her husband for joining the party.
- Poonam`s husband, Kirti, was a right-hand batsman and an offspinner, and he was a member of the playing squad in the 1983 World Cup that was won by India. The squad also included Kapil Dev, Sunil Gavaskar, and Sandeep Patil.
- In 2021, a Bollywood movie ’83’ was released that showed the struggle of team India in winning the World Cup. The movie also starred Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone, Hardy Sandhu, and Saqib Saleem.