Roopal Tyagi is an Indian choreographer and television actor. She is known for her acting in the popular Zee TV show ‘Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke.’ She appeared in the dance reality show ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 8’ and the television reality show ‘Big Boss 9.’
Roopal Tyagi was born on Friday, 6 October 1989 (age 32 years; as of 2022) in Bangalore, Karnataka. She did her schooling at Sophia High School, Banglore. She learned to dance at the Shiamak Davar International Dance School, Bangalore.
Height (approx.): 5′ 2″
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Weight: 48 Kg
Body Measurements: 32-23-33
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Rajesh Tyagi, and her mother’s name is Poonam Tyagi.
Her brother’s name is Smitesh Tyagi.
Roopal Tyagi is unmarried.
Roopal Tyagi was in a relationship with Akhlaque Khan. However, the couple broke up in 2013.
It was rumoured that Roopal Tyagi was in a relationship with Ankit Gera; her co-star from the popular Hindi TV serial, Sapne Suhaane Ladakpan Ke. However, Ankit said that he was not in a relationship with her. While giving an interview, Ankit said,
Whatever problem happened between me and Roopal is in the past. There was nothing from my side. I never dated her. While doing a show together we became friends, and while she kept saying things against me, I decided to respect our friendship and keep mum.”
Roopal Tyagi started her acting career with the Hindi TV serial ‘Hamari Betiyoon Ka Vivaah.’ The TV serial started on 21 April 2008 and she played the role of ‘Manshaa Kohli.’ Some other TV serials in which she appeared are ‘Kasamh Se’ (2006), ‘Ek Nayi Chhoti Si Zindagi’ (2011) and ‘Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke (2012).’ She took part in the eighth season of the reality television show ‘Jhalak Dikhla Jaa.’ Roopal was a participant in the reality TV show ‘Big Boss 9’ and she paired up with the Indian actress, Digangana Suryavanshi in the show. She got eliminated from the show in the second week of voting.
She assisted the Bollywood choreographer Pony Verma on the song ‘Mere Dholna’ for the film Bhool Bhulaiya. While talking about working with the Bollywood superstar, Vidya Balan, Roopal Tyagi stated that,
Vidya Balan is a superstar. I cherish this photograph and those days when I was contemplating a career in choreography. Life and destiny had other plans though.”
After participating in various reality TV shows, Roopal decided that she needed to make a stronger comeback in the Television industry. In 2021, she played the lead role in the TV serial ‘Ranju Ki Betiyaan’ as ‘Bulbul Mishra.’ The show was aired on the TV channel, Dangal.
In 2019, Roopal Tyagi played the role of Manasvi Singh Mehat in the TV serial ‘Shakti – Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki.’ Later, in 2019, she appeared as Manisha in the Indian TV series ‘Laal Ishq.’
- Roopal Tyagi won the Zee Rishtey Award for Favourite Behen for the serial ‘Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke’ in 2012. She played the role of a sister to Mahima Makwana in this serial.
- In 2012, for the TV serial ‘Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke’; she won the Zee Rishtey Award for the Favourite Nayi Jodi.
- In 2013, for playing the role of Gunjan, the Indian Telly Awards nominated her under the category of ‘Fresh New Face.’
- In 2014, Roopal Tyagi got nominated for the Favorite Popular Face – Female for the Zee Rishtey Awards.
She owns a Hyundai Venue car.
- Food: Dark Chocolate, Pani Puri and Pesto Pasta
- Actress: Deepika Padukone
- Film: Andaz Apna Apna
- Book: When Bad Things Happen To Good People by Harold S Kushner
- Destination: Goa
- Roopal Tyagi stood against the body-shaming of women that takes place in the Indian television industry regarding their body shape, skin colour, texture, etc.
- She once stated in an interview that she does not spend much time on her social media accounts.
- Roopal Tyagi judged the famous Indian beauty contest, ‘Mrs. India 2019.’
- On the occasion of Hindu Diwas, Roopal Tyagi talked about speaking our mother tongue, ‘Hindi.’ In an interview, she stated we should keep our Hindu culture intact.
- She also runs a YouTube channel having 7.66K subscribers (as of May 2022).
- For the TV serial ‘Ranju Ki Betiyaan,’ Roopal Tyagi had to learn to wrestle.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings