Rubina Dilaik is an Indian actress. She works in the Indian television and film industry. In 2008, she received popularity when she appeared in Zee TV’s popular show Chotti Bahu in which she portrayed the role of Radhika. In 2016, she became a well-known identity in the Indian television industry when she played the character of a transgender woman named Soumya Singh in Colors TV’s show ‘Shakti – Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki.’ Rubina participated in the Indian reality show Bigg Boss Season 14 in 2020 and was the winner of the show.
Rubina Dilaik was born on Wednesday, 26 August 1987 (age 35 years; as of 2022) in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India. Her zodiac sign is Virgo. She completed her school education at Shimla Public School, Shimla. Later, she went to St. Bede’s College, Shimla to complete her higher studies.
Height (approx.): 5′ 1″
Weight (approx.): 45 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): 34-25-34
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Gopal Dilaik, and her mother’s name is Shakuntla Dilaik. Rubina Dilaik has two sisters named Rohini and Naina.
Husband & Children
Rubina Dilaik got married to Abhinav Shukla on 21 June 2018 in Shimla.
Rubina Dilaik was in a relationship with Avinash Sachdev when they were together working for the show Chhoti Bahu in 2008.
However, the relationship fell apart after some years, and Avinash got married to his Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?…Ek Baar Phir co-star Shalmalee Desai in 2015. Later, Rubina started dating Abhinav Shukla, an actor.
Rubina Dilaik started participating in various beauty contests when she was pursuing her college studies. In 2006, she was the winner of the Miss Shimla contest. Rubina Dilaik participated in the Miss North India Pageant, which was held at Chandigarh in 2008 and emerged as the winner of the contest.
Rubina Dilaik was preparing for the IAS examinations when she auditioned for the television serial Chotti Bahu in Chandigarh in 2008. Soon, she was selected as the female lead character of the show. In 2008, she marked her acting debut in the television show Chhoti Bahu in which she played the role of Radhika Shastri. Avinash Sachdev was the male lead character in the show.
In 2012, she was cast in the television show ‘Saas Bina Sasural’ in which she played the role of Simran “Smiley” Gill. This show was telecasted on Sony Entertainment. In the same year, she was working on the television serial Jeannie Aur Juju, which was telecasted on SAB TV. In this serial, she played the role of Jeannie.
Following year, she worked on the television show Punar Vivah – Ek Nayi Umeed opposite Karan Grover. In this serial, she played the role of Divya Jakhotia, and it was aired on Zee TV. From 2013 to 2014, she portrayed the character of Sita in the show Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev, which was telecasted on Life OK. In 2016, Rubina Dilaik started working in the show Shakti – Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki in which she played the role of Soumya Singh, a transgender woman. This serial was telecasted on Colors TV and the male lead character of the show was Vivian Dsena. This serial went off air in 2020.
In 2022, Rubina Dilaik ventured into the Indian film industry. Her Bollywood debut film Ardh was announced to be released in May 2022. The male lead character of the film is Rajpal Yadav. Palaash Muchhal, an Indian music composer-singer, is the director of the film Ardh. Hiten Tejwani is also a cast of the film. The filming of the movie began in September 2021, and in May 2022, its first trailer was released on Netflix.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
In, 2017, she won the Best Personality in Colors’ Golden Petal Awards and Best Actress in ITA Awards for the show Shakti – Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki. In 2015, Rubina Dilaik was honoured with the Dada Saheb Phalke Film Foundation Best Actress Award.
- Food: Red velvet cake, dal-chawal, jalebi, chaat, paranthas and momos
- Actor: Amitabh Bachchan, Nick Bateman
- Actress: Madhuri Dixit, Priyanka Chopra
- Book: The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- Movies: Titanic, Hum Aapke Hai Kaun, Devdas and Jodha Akbar
- Travel Destination(s): Italy and France
- During her school days, Rubina Dilaik was the national-level champion of several debate competitions.
- Since childhood, Rubina Dilaik aspired to become an Indian Administrative Service officer.
- The British newspaper Eastern Eye ranked Rubina Dilaik in the Top 50 Sexiest Asian Women soon after she won several beauty contests in India.
- On 21 February 2021, Rubina Dilaik won the popular TV reality show Bigg Boss Season 14 after staying in the Bigg Boss house for over 140 days. Along with the trophy of Bigg Boss, she won Rs. 36 lakh.
- Gopal Dilaik, the father of Rubina Dilaik, is a writer, who has published several Hindi books.
- Rubina Dilaik likes interior designing in her leisure time.
- Rubina Dilaik likes using lip balm every 15-20 minutes as she has a habit of this.
- Soon after venturing into the Indian television industry, the Times magazine ranked Rubina Dilaik in the top ten of the Most Desirable Women on Television.
- Rubina Dilaik is a fitness fanatic. She adores doing flex exercises daily. On various social media platforms, she often shares her flex training sessions.
- Rubina Dilaik has over 8 million followers on Instagram. She has a Facebook page, which is followed by over 400k people. She regularly posts her pictures and videos on social media and is an active social media user. Rubina Dilaik’s YouTube channel is subscribed by over 693K people.
- According to Abinav Shukla, his wife, Rubina Dilaik, is more successful than him, and he admits the fact. In an interview with a media house, Abhinav stated that Rubina was doing more work than him. He said,
Somebody would be a fool who doesn’t admit she is more successful. She is doing more work than I am, that’s a fact. But I know she is more successful than me, but that’s the profession, once she is at home, she is my wife…So, professionally, we are sorted. We are secure. And, I have no problem accepting the fact that she is more successful.”
- Rubina Dilaik has a pet dog named Leo. She is an avid dog lover. She often posts pictures of her pet dog on social media.
- According to some media sources, Rubina Dilaik was selected after rejecting over fifty girls in a look-test during the auditions of the film Ardh in 2022.