Sagar Karande is an Indian actor and stand-up comedian. He is known for portraying the role of Lavini Queen in the Marathi show ‘Chala Hawa Yeu Dya’ (2014).
Sagar Karande was born on Tuesday, 1 January 1980 (age 42 years; as of 2022) in Nasik, Maharashtra, India. His zodiac sign is Capricorn.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Sagar Karande belongs to a Marathi Hindu family.
Parents & Siblings
Not much information is available about Sagar Karande’s parents.
Wife & Children
Sagar Karande got married Sonali Karande on 4th July. The couple has a daughter named Sai Karande.
Sagar follows Hinduism.
Sagar Karande started his career as a theatre artist. He has been part of Marathi plays like “Halka Fulka.”In 2010, he participated in the Marathi comedy show Fu Bai Fu in which his sense of humour won accolades. Later, he appeared in numerous comedy shows including Comedy Express (2021) and Dhinka Chika. In June 2022, he participated as a standup comedian in the comedy show India’s Laughter Champion. In an interview, Sagar shared his experience of working on the show and said,
Through our comedy, we were able to impress the judges and their compliments came in the form of blessings for us to continue our journey on this show. We love performing and as Archana ji said we are entertainers. As they say, ‘choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life’. For Bharat and I, that is what we feel when we perform for an audience
In 2014, Sagar worked in the Marathi serial, “Chala Hawa Yeu Dya.” Then in 2015, he appeared in four Marathi serials named Ek Tara, Bioscope, My Hindu friend, and Carry On Deshpande. Some of his other Marathi television shows include Virkhit (2022), Vinakaran Rajkaran (2022), Basta (2021), Doctor Don (2020), and Bhai – Vyakti Ki Valli 2 (2019). In 2012, Sagar made his film debut with the Marathi film Kutumb. Some of his other Marathi films include Chal Dhar Pakad (2010), Fakt Ladh Mhana (2011), and Ek Taara (2015).
- In 2020, he received a certificate of appreciation from the 11th DadaSaheb Phalke Golden Camera Awards for his nomination for Best Supporting Actor.
- He was nominated for a National level award in the best actor category for playing six different roles in the Marathi theatre play “Halka Fulka.”
- His hobbies include travelling and spending time with family.
- Sagar is a talented mimic and is famous for his imitation of Nana Patekar.
- In 2018, he appeared in the role of Gaitonde from the Netflix series Sacred Games in the Channel Scoop video “If Gaitonde was your class teacher.”
- His appearance as a female character in comedy shows is praised by the audience.