Sanah Kapoor is an Indian actor who is known for playing the role of Isha Arora in the Bollywood film ‘Shaandaar’ (2015).
Sanah Kapoor was born on Monday, 15 February 1993 (age 29 years; as of 2022) in Mumbai. She pursued a master’s degree in Literature and Psychology at Mithibai College, Mumbai. She also attended the University of East London.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Sanah’s father Pankaj Kapoor, and her mother Supriya Pathak are famous Bollywood actors. She has two brothers, Ruhaan Kapoor and Shahid Kapoor (step-brother).
Sanah got married to Mayank Pahwa who is an actor and is the son of famous couple Manoj Pahwa and Seema Pahwa. Their wedding took place on 2 March 2022 in Mahabaleshwar. Their sangeet ceremony was held on 1 March 2022, and in a video shared by actor Vivaan Shah on Instagram, they were seen dancing. In 2017, there were reports that Sanah got engaged to Mayank. This news was confirmed by Om Puri‘s wife Nandita. In an interview, she talked about her husband’s death and said,
We were supposed to go for Pankaj Kapur’s daughter, Sana, and Pahwa’s son, Mayank’s engagement ceremony. Om called me and by the time we got there, he reached my house.”
Sanah started her acting career with the film Shaandaar in 2015.
She later appeared in the films Ramprasad Ki Tehrvi (2019) and Saroj Ka Rishta (2020).
She won the Best Debutant Award at the BIG Star Entertainment Awards 2015.
- TV Shows: Blacklist, The Big Bang Theory, Castle
- Holiday Destination: London
- Many renowned media houses refer to Sanah as Sanah Kapur.
- Her hobbies include dancing and travelling.
- In an interview, Sanah revealed that she often had to face body shaming because of her weight. She further said,
We all have different body types and no one has the right to shame or humiliate the other person based on appearance. It affects our confidence. I know that in Bollywood, only one kind of body type and beauty is celebrated as ‘mainstream’, but as an actor I am ready to change my weight, losing or gaining, depending on what the role demands.”
- She wanted to become an actor since her childhood, but her parents wanted her to complete her studies before becoming an actor. When she was three, she would dance to many dance numbers in front of the TV.
- When she was four years old, her parents launched a production company that made TV shows. She used to spend most of her time on the set.
- In an interview, she said that her family was unaware of her selection for the film Shaandaar.
- She is an avid dog lover and often posts pictures of them on social media.
- She is often featured in various newspapers.