BioData / Biography
Shreya Ghoshal is a famous playback singer, stage performer in India, she was married to businessman Shiladitya Mukhopadhyaya (husband) and she blessed her first baby after 6 years in 2021. Shreya Ghoshal’s age is 37 (years old) as in 2021. She was born in West Bengal in Bengali family. Her name also appeared in the list of Forbes Top 100 Celebrities of India more than 4 times. The net worth of Shreya Ghoshal is estimated around $25 million (Rs.185 Crore) which she earned by her singing talent.
|Genuine Name||Shreya Ghoshal|
|Profession Line||Playback Singer|
|Husband||Shiladitya Mukhopadhyaya (Businessman)|
|Marriage Date||5 February 2015|
|Children||Son- None |
|Fan Followers||22 Million (on Instagram)|
Boyfriend Name- Shiladitya Mukhopadhyaya (Businessman)
Morphology (Physical Appearance)
|Weight||52 kg, |
|Height||160 centimeters |
|Figure value||34 – 28 – 34|
She released her first album song with 14 tracks, Bendhechhi Beena on 1st January 1998, and recorded her first song ‘Ganraj Rangi Nachato’ originally sung by Lata Mangeshkar.
She entered in Bollywood singing debut film Devdas in 2002 in which she sang 5 tracks ‘Silsila Ye Chaahat Ka’, ‘Bairi Piya’, ‘Chalak Chalak’, ‘Morey Piya’ and ‘Dola Re Dola’ due to which she creates more attention for her singing talent.
In 2003, she has appeared in song “Har Taraf Har Jagah” and also sang by him from the film ‘Saaya’.
In 2017, she made her first single solo song “Dhadkane Azad Hain”.
She also made her appearance as a judge in various singing reality show including “Voice of Indai – Chhote Ustad”, “Indian Idol Junior” and “Music Ka Maha Muqqabla”.
She has appeared in various music videos such as “Sunn Raha Hai Rozana”, “Judaiyaan” and “Angana Morey”.
She has sung many hit song as a playback singer in Bollywood Industry including ‘Teri Meri’ (Bodyguard), Jeene Laga Hoon (Ramayya Vasthavayya), ‘Hangover’ (Kick), ‘Habibi Ke Nain’ (Dabangg 3), ‘Teri Ore’(Singh Is Kinng) and many more.
She grabbed the chance to become a brand ambassador for Joyalukkas Jewellery due to which she featured in advertisement for jewellery store in 2011.
Social Media Accounts
Instagram Id @shreya_ghoshal
Personal Life of Shreya Ghoshal
She was born in a Hindu Bengali family in Murshidabad, West Bengal but she hailed up in Kota, Rajasthan, her father is an electrical engineer and worked at the Nuclear Power Corporation of India.
At the age of 4, she developed her interest in singing and started learning music.
Shreya completed her schooling at Atomic Energy Central School No.4, Rawatbhata. She won the sub-junior level ‘All India Light Vocal Music Competition’ in New Delhi in 1995.
In 1997, her father’s duty was transferred to Mumbai in Bhaba Atomic Research due to which she continued her higher education from SIES College of Arts Science & Commerce, Sion West Mumbai.
At the age of six, she took singing training under the Late Kalyanji Bhai in classical music and completed under Late Mukta Bhide in Mumbai.
Then, she made her first performance at a club’s annual function and she participated in the music reality show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa completion in 2000 (During the show her age was 16).
When she was fell in love with her childhood friend Shildatiya Mukhopadhyaya, both of the couple started dating each other and she dated him for almost 10 years.
Later, on 5th March 2015, Shreya Ghoshal tied the knot with her boyfriend Shildatiya Mukhopadhyaya in a traditional Bengali ceremony.
After 6 six years of her marriage, she expecting her first baby in 2021.
|Date of birth||12 March 1984 (Monday)|
|Age||37 years (as in 2021)|
|Birth Place||Murshidabad, West Bengal (India)|
|Birth & Zodiac sign||Pisces (based on date of birth)|
|Home Town||Rawatbhata, Kota, Rajasthan, India|
|School Academy||Atomic Energy Central School No.4, Rawatbhata|
|University/College Name||SIES College of Arts Science & Commerce, Sion West Mumbai|
|Last Qualification||Graduate in English|
|Debut Career||Singing- Yen Chellam (Tamil, 2002) Dola Re Dola (Bollywood, 2002)|
|Interest & Hobbies||Cooking, Dancing, Traveling, Reading|
|Awards||4 – National Film Awards |
2002: Bairi Piya for film Devdas
2005: Dheere Jalna for film Paheli
2007: Yeh Ishq Haye for film Jab We Met
2008: Jeev Rangala for Bengali film Jogwa
10 – Filmfare Awards 2003: ‘Dola Re Dola’ for film Devdas
2004: ‘Jaadu Hai Nasha Hai’ for film Jism
2008: ‘Barso Re’ for film Guru
2009: ‘Teri Ore’ for film Singh Is Kinng
2016: ‘Deevani Mastani’ fro film Bajirao Mastani
4 – Kerala State Film Awards
2 – Tamil Nadu State Film Awards
8 – Zee Cine Awards
11 – Mirchi Music Awards 7 – IIFA Awards
|Net Worth||$25 million (Rs.185 Crore)|
Family & Ancestor
|Father||Bishwajit Ghoshal (Electrical Engineer)|
|Mother||Sarmishtha Ghoshal (MA in Literature )|
Favourite & Beloved things
|Food||Fish Curry, Grilled Fish, Chicken Biryani, Pizza, Grilled Onion Chicken, Rasmalai and Chelab|
|Actor||Guru Dutt and Amitabh Bachchan|
|Actress||Madhuri Dixit, Waheed Rehman and Preity Zinta|
|Films||Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam and Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge|
|Book||Love Story by Erich Segal|
|Musician Person||Neha Kakkar, Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle, Greet Dutt, Beyonce Norah Jones, and Mohammed Rafi|
|Music Director||Madan Mohan, A.R. Rahman, R.D. Burman|
|Songs||Kehna Hi Kya (by Chitra- Film Bombay-1995), |
Aap Ki Nazron Ne Samjhaa (by Lata Mangeshkar- film Anpadh-1962),
Lag Ja Gale Ke Phir (by Lata Mangeshkar-film Who Kaun Thi-1964)
|Holiday & Destination||Mauritius, Dubai, Goa|
|Color & Dye(s)||Green, Orange and Purple|
Luxury Life Style
|Tattoo Design||No Tattoo designed|
|Car Collection||BMW and Audi|
Some minor known facts about Shreya Ghoshal
- Shreya Ghoshal does not smoke and drinks/consume alcohol like other actresses.
- She has sung songs in more than 5 regional languages such as Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Bengali, and Malayalam.
- Shreya Ghoshal also earned the honor from the US State of Ohio during the summer tour in 2010 and Where Governor Ted Strickland decided to declare 26 June as Shreya Ghoshal Day.
- Apart from a big celebrity, she is so hearted and actively inclined in charitable organizations,s and once she supports a 17 years old patient with Acute Lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Not only for India she also has stolen the heart of people around the world due to her singing talent and Ghoshal has performed in various countries stages, and events like Australia, New Zealand, UAE, USA, etc.
- She also becomes the first Indian singer, who has featured for wax statue Madame Tussauds Museum in Singapore.
- Shreya Ghoshal also grabbed her name in the list of Forbes Top 100 Celebrities of India around 5 times.
- She also runs her own singing Youtube Channel named ‘ Shreya Ghoshal Official’, which has more than 1 million subscribers.
- Once she shared her romantic song ‘Bairi Piya’ experience in an interview, she said,
“I remember I was asked to rehearse the song once before finally recording it. I simply closed my eyes and sang without a break. When I opened my eyes, I noticed a lot of excitement and chaos outside the recording room. Then Sanjay ji told me I had sung the songs so well that they had recorded it at one go.”
- If she was not entered in singing career, she would have been an astronaut or a genetic engineer and for engineering, she was enrolled in Atomic Energy Junior College but she dropped out.
- She loves to raise dogs and has a pet dog named Sherlock Ghoshal.
- The Fan followers on her Instagram account more than 22 million (as of 2021).
- She is a very conscious girl in case of her physique and fitness and she workouts daily in the gym.