Sunny Singh Nijjar (Sunny Singh) is an Indian actor and model who primarily works in Bollywood films. He is well known for his appearance in the Bollywood films, Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2(2015) and Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety(2018).
Sunny Singh Nijjar was born on Sunday, 6 October 1985 (age 36 years; as of 2021) in New Delhi, India. His native place is Jalandhar, Punjab. His zodiac sign is Libra. Sunny completed his schooling at St. Columba’s School, New Delhi. He graduated in arts with Economics as the main subject from The University of Mumbai, Mumbai.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Weight (approx.): 80 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 38 Inches, Waist: 30 Inches, Biceps: 16 Inches
Sunny Singh Nijjar belongs to a Punjabi Sikh family.
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Jai Singh Nijjar, who is a well-known Hindi film action director.
Sunny has two sisters, Jyoti Nijjar and Meher Nijjar.
Wife & Children
Sunny Singh is not married yet.
It is rumoured that Sunny Singh is dating a model, Kamya Choudhary. They met each other when Sunny was in the initial days of his modelling career.
In 2011, Sunny made his debut in Bollywood with a cameo appearance in the film, Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji alongside Emraan Hashmi in which he played the role of Akash Kanwar.
In 2013, he appeared in the film Akaash Vani in which he played the character of an abusive husband, Ravi. Sunny’s first commercial success was Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2(2015), a sequel to the film Pyaar Ka Punchnama in which he played the role of Siddharth ‘Chauka’ Gandotra.
In 2018, Sunny was featured in the film Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety alongside Kartik Aryan and Nushrratt Bharuccha in which he played the role of Titu Sharma.
It was Sunny’s highest grossing film. In 2018, Sunny made a cameo appearance in the films, De De Pyaar De as Akash Sehgal and Pati Patni Aur Woh as Durgesh ‘Doga’ Kanojia. Sunny’s first film as a lead actor was Ujda Chaman(2019) in which he played a bald character, Chaman Kohli. Ujda Chaman is an official remake of the Kannada film “Ondu Motteya Kathe.”
His second film as a lead actor was Jai Mummy Di (2020), starring Sonnalli Seygall.
In 2007, Sunny Singh made his television debut in the serial Kasautii Zindagii Kay in which he played the character of Saksham.
In 2009, he was seen in the serial Shakuntala in which he played the role of Karan.
In 2020, Sunny Singh appeared in the music video “Holi Mein Rangeele” alongside Mouni Roy. The song is sung by Mika Singh and Abhinav Shekhar.
In 2021, Sunny Singh appeared in a few commercial advertisements for popular brands like Magic Moments, Samsung and Star Cements.
Ujda Chaman and Bala Controversy
Sunny Singh’s “Ujda Chaman” and Ayushmann Khurrana‘s “Bala” both films are based on the concept of premature male baldness. Both the films had very similar posters, concepts, and even the release date. The whole controversy was about the copyright issue and the clash of the release dates. The makers of the film Ujda Chaman claimed that the creators of the film Bala violated their copyrights as they noticed several similarities in the trailers, dialogues, and even the screenplay. Initially, Bala was supposed to be released on 15 November 2019, but the makers preponed it to 8 November 2019, a day after Ujda Chaman was scheduled to be released. To avoid the clash, Ujda Chaman’s release date was preponed a week before the release of Bala and was scheduled to hit the screens on 8 November 2019. In an interview, on being asked about the controversy, he said,
I had once met Ayushmann Khurrana before both the films had released. He seemed fairly unperturbed by what was going on, and that made me realize that one should just focus on their work. And controversies aside, I got the acknowledgement that I wanted as an actor.
- 2015: Most Entertaining Ensemble Cast for Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2 at Film Awards.
- 2016: Highest Grossing Best Debut Award for Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety at ETC Bollywood Business Awards.
- 2018: Buzz Creator Award for Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety at Indian Wiki Media Awards.
- Food: Punjabi Food, Ice cream
- Actor(s): Akshay Kumar, Sylvester Stallone
- Actress(es): Kareena Kapoor, Anushka Sharma
- Director(s): Luv Ranjan, Sanjay Leela Bhansali
- Holiday Destination(s): Paris, London and Himachal Pradesh
- Perfume: Ralph Lauren Polo
- Social Media App: Instagram
- Superhero(es): Captain America, Deadpool
- Sunny Singh started his career as a model. In the initial days of his career, he actively participated in theatre plays to refine his acting skills.
- Sunny has a great passion for dancing. He often shares his dance videos on social media.
- Sunny has a hobby of collecting perfumes and shoes.
- Being from a filmy background, Sunny Singh has struggled hard to get into Bollywood. He used to sit 8-10 hours daily just to give an audition. In an interview, when asked about his struggling days, he said,
I remember giving auditions for ad films and I used to wait for hours for my turn to come. I used to go for print shoots for Rs 2000. I used to go to the director’s office with my portfolio and the receptionists used to tell me to put it in the post box outside.
- Sunny’s father, Jai Singh Nijjar, has been a stunt director for various films such as Bol Bachchan, Chennai Express, Singham, Shivaay and many more.
- Sunny is a fitness enthusiast. He is often seen sharing his workout regime on social media.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings