Suvigya Sharma is an Indian artist and fashion designer. He is a painter, canvas artist, fashion designer, miniature, and lifelike portraits creator. He is best known for his restoration works at City Palace in Jaipur, Singapore Art Museum, and Jama Masjid. He is also famous for his miniature artworks and acrylic painting on canvas. What makes his artworks unique is the fusion of 24-carat goldwork with semi-precious embedded stones.
Suvigya Sharma was born on Thursday, 28 July 1983 (age 38 years; as of 2021) in Jaipur, Rajasthan. Suvigya completed his early education at Maharaja Sawai Mansingh School situated at Rambagh, Jaipur and Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan’s Vidyashram at Bajaj Nagar, Jaipur. He went to Bhawanipur Education Society College, Kolkata for higher studies. He also went to Symbiosis International University, Pune to study Foreign Trade & Export Management.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Family & Caste
Suvigya Sharma belongs to a Brahmin family.
Parents & Siblings
His father, R.K. Sharma, is an artist who crafts miniature artworks, and his mother, Meenakshi Sharma, is a homemaker. His father has crafted paintings for some elite business families, including the Birlas and Ambanis, for years.
Wife & Children
Suvigya Sharma’s wife’s name is Charu Sharma, and the couple has a son named Abhigya Sharma.
Suvigya is the founder and creative director of Art Mahal, founded in 2001. He specializes in crafting miniature artworks, Tanjore Paintings and lifelike portraits. He has painted artworks for multiple high-end clients, including L.N. Mittal, Sachin Tendulkar, Barack Obama, Priyanka Chopra, Hillary Clinton, Sanjay Dutt, Aditya Chopra, Rani Mukherji, the Ambani’s and more.
He has also painted a portrait of Narendra Modi and designed the cover page for Utsav, Chef Vikas Khanna’s Coffee table book.
On this cover, he painted the portrait of the Chef and some of his dishes. He believes that 2008-09 was the turning point of his career when actress Priyanka Chopra bought his painting, and other celebrities noticed him. After his success in the art and fashion industry, he decided to develop digital works. He created his first Non-Fungible Token (NFT) and unveiled its physical copy in 2021.
Unveiling of my 1st NFT, Here’s the Physical Copy . Thank you so much for your support over these 2 decades:) Love & Blessings. Suvigya Sharma Art
.#artist #NFTGiveaway #artwork #makeinindia #NFT #companyschool #nftcollector @Rtabits @NFT pic.twitter.com/G6OFNGGAnP
— Suvigya Sharma (@SuvigyaSharma) October 19, 2021
- During 2007 – 09, he exhibited at the Art of India and Open Palm Court Event in Chennai and Delhi.
- In 2009, he exhibited at the Mythologies of India Event in Mumbai.
- In 2010, he showcased his artworks at The Golden Era at Breach Candy, Mumbai.
- In 2013, he showcased his artworks at the Kala Ghoda Arts Festival, Mumbai.
- In 2014, he showcased his artworks at the Cymroza Art Gallery, Mumbai.
- In 2015, he showcased his artworks at Forever Eternal ‘Pichwai Kamalnayan Bajaj Art Gallery, Mumbai.
- In 2016, he exhibited at The Art of Royals and Timeless Miniature art in Mumbai.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- Suvigya is a Bharat Gaurav Awardee (2012) and a TEDx Speaker
- His artwork, Timeless Miniature Art, was showcased at the Make in India Event in February 2016.
- His name has been recorded in the India Book of Records and the Asia Book of Records for his 4D effect Siddhi Vinayak painting.
- He has crafted artworks for more than 100 celebrities, including Sachin Tendulkar, Kangna Ranaut and Sanjay Dutt.
- Since childhood, Suvigya loved art and started painting when he was seven years old.
- He liked dancing and also worked as a dance teacher in his teenage.
- He was appointed as the Goodwill Ambassador of Rajasthan in 2017 by Smile Foundation.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings