Swastik Bansal is an Indian singer and the grandson of the veteran Indian singer Bappi Lahiri.
Swastik Bansal aka Rego B (stage name) was born on Saturday, 26 September 2009 (age 12 years; as of 2021) in Mumbai. His zodiac sign is Virgo.
He is studying at Dhirubhai Ambani International School, Mumbai, Maharashtra. At the age of 2, he started his training in singing from his grandfather Bappi Lahiri and his mother, Rema Lahiri. He then started receiving his training in singing under the Scottish vocal coach Yvie Burnett. He is doing a course in music from Rock School of Music, London, as of 2022.
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
He was born in a family of musicians.
Parents & Siblings
His father, Govind Bansal, is a businessman & singer. Swastik’s mother, Rema Lahiri, is a singer too. His maternal uncle, Bappa Lahiri, is a musician.
His great-grandfather, Aparesh Lahiri, was a well-known Bengali singer. His great-grandmother, Bansari Lahiri, was a musician, and she was trained in classical music and Shyama Sangeet. His maternal grandfather, Bappi Lahiri, was a renowned Indian musician.
When he was around 4 or 5 years old, he started performing live on stage with Bappi Lahiri. He has lent his voice for various Hindi songs like ‘Football is My Dream’ (2018), ‘Bachcha Party’ (2021), and ‘Kal Chutti Hai’ (2021).
- Singer(s): Michael Jackson, Justin Bieber, Snoop Dog, Bruno Mars
- Music Band: The Beatles
- Subject: History
- Actor(s): Salman Khan, Ranbir Kapoor
- Actress: Alia Bhatt
- Swastik appeared in various TV shows as a guest including ‘Bigg Boss 15’ and ‘Indian Idol’ in 2021.
- He is an avid animal lover and has a pet dog named Angel.
- He is a religious person and often visits various temples with his family members.
- He considers his mother his biggest inspiration, and in an interview, he said that she was like God to him.
- Swastik loves wearing gold and collecting different types of bonsai.
- At the demise of Bappi Lahiri on 16 February 2022, Swastik said,
Today is a very sad day. My grandfather is no more. It was he who prepared me for music. He is my idol. He taught me the first word. It is because of him that I am a singer today. I love them very much and will always love them. And a national holiday will also be made, which will be named Lahiri Jayanti. It will be in his name. This is very sad news. I can’t believe that my grandfather is no more.”
- In an interview, he shared that he hated studying Maths.
- Some of the media houses compared his looks with the South Korean singer Psy.