Adhuna Akhtar is an England born Indian hairstylist. On the television reality show, BBLUNT, she often appears co-hosting the platform on TLC. She is the ex-wife of Indian Bollywood actor Farhan Akhtar.
Adhuna Akhtar was born on Thursday, 30 March 1967 (age 55 years; as of 2022) in Liverpool, England. Her zodiac sign is Aries. Adhuna Akhtar is a school dropout.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Ashish Bhabani, and he was a doctor.
Her mother’s name is Ann Bhabani, and she is a career counsellor. She has a brother named Osh Bhabani and a twin sister named Nutana Donaldson.
Husband & Children
Adhuna Akhtar got married to Indian Bollywood actor Farhan Akhtar in 2000.
The couple has two daughters named Shakya and Akira.
In 2016, they divorced mutually after sixteen years of marriage.
Adhuna Akhtar was in a relationship with Farhan Akhtar for three years before getting married to him in 2000. Since 2017, Adhuna Akhtar is in a relationship with Nicolo Morea, who is the elder brother of Bollywood actor Dino Morea.
Adhuna Akhtar’s father was a Bengali, and her mother is an English woman. Adhuna’s mother used to take Adhuna to different salons when she was a child. Adhuna’s mother was fond of different hairstyles and used to visit salons along with Adhuna. The ambience of hairdressing salons attracted Adhuna so much that in childhood, she wished to become a hairdresser in future.
At Worthington Hair, a salon in Northwest England, Adhuna Bhabani began learning hairdressing skills when she was sixteen years old. She dropped her school studies to get training in hairstyles. At Worthington, she received the three-year apprenticeship training. She was the winner of the under-21 national junior hairstyling championship at the age of seventeen. She started working as a technical specialist at Wella in North West England soon after receiving apprenticeship training. Thereafter, she worked for three years at Wella in London. Later, she joined Toni&Guy and Vidal Sassoon as a hairstylist. She then began working as a guest hairstylist at the Oberoi Hotel, Mumbai, in 1994. Adhuna opened her own hairdressing salon along with her brother in 1998 in Mumbai and named it Juice. In 2004, they renamed their salon from Juice to BBLUNT.
In 2000, in the Bollywood film Dil Chahta Hai, Adhuna Akhtar marked her debut as a celebrity hairstylist. The hairstyles of the three actors of the film Aamir Khan, Saif Ali Khan and Akshaye Khanna were styled and created by Adhuna. With this film, she received the opportunity to expand her hairdressing business and career in Bollywood. Adhuna was the hairstylist of Bollywood actor Hritik Roshan and Preity Zinta for their film Lakshya in 2004. Adhuna created two different hairstyles for the actress Preity Zinta in the film. In a conversation with a media house, Adhuna stated that the weather conditions of Ladakh were so extreme that during the first day of the shoot of the movie Lakshya the wig and hairstyle of actress Preity Zinta started expanding, and it was difficult to manage her look. Adhuna has worked in more than fifty Bollywood films including Dil Dhadakne Do, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, Dangal, and Raaes as a celebrity hairdresser.
- Fashion Designer: Arjun Bhasin and Payal Khandwala
- Actor(s): Hrithik Roshan and Ranveer Singh
- Actress(es): Madonna, Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra and Anushka Sharma
- Film(s): Bollywood- Dil Chahta Hai and Lakshya; Hollywood- Away From The Keyboard
- Travel Destination(s): Barcelona, Brazil, and Peru
Adhuna Akhtar owns a Mini Cooper.
- According to Adhuna Akhtar, she and her brother named their salon BBLUNT with the initials of their surname Bhabani. In a conversation with a media house, she stated that she used her maiden surname to name her salon. She said,
The name comes from Bhabani, my maiden surname as well as the fact that we were very honest with our clients.”
- In 2004, Adhuna Bhabani got married to Indian actor Farhan Akhtar, who was six years old younger than her. On 21 January 2016, they divorced mutually, and the custody of their two daughters was given to Adhuna Akhtar.
- Adhuna Akhtar remains very active on social media. Over 44.3k people follow her on Instagram. She often shares pictures of different hairstyles that she created on her clients on her Instagram.
- According to Adhuna Akhtar, in the beginning, at UK salons, she used to make coffee and tea for the staff and clients. In an interview with a media house, she stated that her first mentor was Tony Connell. She said,
I started off by making a lot of coffee and tea for the staff and patrons and of course, by shampooing the latter’s hair. Tony Connell was my mentor. He was a larger-than-life character who had great command over his art. He would get huge tips from women. He was always open to sharing his knowledge and I learnt a lot from him.”
- Adhuna Akhtar is often featured by various renowned magazines and tabloids on their cover page.
- Adhuna Akhtar is an avid dog lover. The name of her pet dog is Bonny, and she often posts pictures of her pet on social media.
- To promote the hair styling products and brands of her BBLUNT salon, Adhuna Akhtar regularly participates in different fashion shows.
- According to Adhuna Akhtar, she adores horse riding and painting in her leisure time. In an interview with a media house, she stated that she wanted to represent India in horse riding in Olympics one day. She said,
I learnt horse riding at the age of four. Some day, I would like to represent India in horse riding at the Olympics. I love to lead life on my own terms. I’m a free spirit.”