Ankit Nagori is an Indian Entrepreneur. He is the founder and CEO of Curefoods, and also marks himself as an angel or seed investor. He is a businessman who began his career in 2007 with an executive job and has now built a highly successful brand. He is also a sports enthusiast and a vivid reader who never misses his fitness routines.
Ankit Nagori was born on Sunday, 27 October 1985 (age 38 years; as of 2021) in the small town of Bokaro in Bihar, India. He moved to New Delhi at the age of 5 and enrolled for his elementary education at the Delhi Public School. He was a cricket lover since childhood and played it in his school days. Later, he went to the Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati to gain a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering. While pursuing his graduation, he also became the captain of the IIT, Guwahati cricket team and completed his graduation in 2007.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 65 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family & Ethnicity
Ankit belongs to a Hindu family.
Parents & Siblings
Ankit Nagori is the son of Ashok Nagori who ran a steel trading business in Bokaro, Bihar.
Wife & Children
He married his best friend Kanika and the couple has a son named Kiaan.
Ankit Nagori stepped into the business domain after completing his graduation in 2007. He started working as a marketing intern at ESCP Europe. After completing this internship in three months, he founded his own company Youthpad in October 2007. Youthpad was a social media platform that he ran for two years and four months. After Youthpad, he joined Flipkart as a Chief Business Officer in February 2010. He worked at this position for a duration of six years.
In March 2016, he finally left Flipkart to come up with his own venture, Cure.fit. Cure.fit is a technology-powered health platform that helps people eat, work, sleep, and think healthy. Mukesh Bansal and Ankit Nagori commenced this Bengaluru-based company with an initial investment of $5 million which is about Rs. 33 Crore. To achieve its goal of offering a healthy lifestyle, cure fit came up with four verticals, including:
- Cult.fit: Gym and Fitness Centres
- Care.fit: Subscription-based service for primary care
- Eat.fit: An online healthy food delivery service
- Mind.fit: an online/offline mental health and wellness service
In the second quarter of 2017, Cure.fit collaborated with Hrithik Roshan and launched HRX workouts under its cult.fit program. HRX is Hrithik Roshan’s lifestyle brand, and this association came across as a beneficial branding strategy for cure.fit. The co-founder of cure.fit, Mukesh Bansal talked about this association and said,
Happy mcgarrybowen has played a key role in helping us arrive at a very powerful brand identity and brand positioning. This is disruptive thinking in brand space and gives us huge advantage as we go about building a consumer brand. Happy team has also played a key role in helping establish cult.fit as a holistic healthcare brand in Bangalore with creative inputs for center ambiance and campaigns for the brand.”
Shifting His Majority Stake to CureFoods
In 2020, Ankit invested in the potential of healthcare foods and used his equity to acquire a large chunk of ownership in CureFoods, which was a part of Eat.fit. CureFoods makes use of Eat.fit to run its cloud-based kitchen. However, he has still kept his stake in Cure.fit. After this shift in equity Cure.fit made a statement and said,
There has been an equity swap where Ankit Nagori has increased his ownership significantly in CureFoods. Curefit will continue to be a significant stakeholder in CureFoods. Eat.Fit will continue to sell on Curefit app and also will provide F&B services at Cult centres.”
In the same year, Curefoods commenced its independent journey with 12-13 kitchens in Bangaluru, Coimbatore, and two other cities in South India with goals for expansion.
Until August 2021, Curefoods raised $13 Million (approximately 99 crores in INR) in Series A funding from leading angel investors, including Lydia Jett, Adil Allana, Rashmi Kwatra, Kunal Shah, with a funding initiative led by Iron Pillar, Binny Bansal, and Nordstar. After this funding, Curefoods secured a total funding of $ 20 Million (approx. Rs. 152 crores). With this funding, Ankit became one of the businessmen who raised a huge amount of money in early rounds of funding for an Indian Startup. As a part of its branding and marketing strategy, Curefoods managed to have Varun Dhawan as its brand ambassador for Eat.fit in April 2022.
Stakeholding in 10 Indian companies
Ankit Nagori has a stakeholding in 10 Indian companies and is listed as the director of:
- Red Lumen Marketing Private Limited on 12 September 2013.
- Addazz Online Services private Limited on 29 February 2016.
- Curefit Healthcare Private Limited on 24 May 2016.
- Curefit Logistics Private Limited on 3 October 2016.
- Cube Fitness Private Limited on 20 February 2017.
- Cultgear Private Limited on 30 March 2018.
- Fitness First India Private Limited on 8 June 2018.
- Rugby League India Federation on 21 February 2020.
- Curefoods India Private Limited on 10 October 2020.
- Simply Sport Foundation on 13 October 2020.
He is also an angel investor who has invested in 9 companies, including Rapido, SuperK, Mesh, Xeon, etc.
Honours and Achievements
- In February 2016, he was chosen by Fortune India Magazine in the Fortune 40 under 40 list.
- In 2019, he was chosen by the Entrepreneur Magazine in the Entrepreneur 35 under 35 business leaders list.
- Drink: Oatmeal chocolate smoothie
- Book: Blitzscaling: The Lightning-Fast Path to Building Massively Valuable Companies
- He commenced his career as a novice intern at ESCP Europe.
- He is a successful businessman who hiked 9 km distance for commuting to work on a routine basis from home to office in HSR Layout.
- With his love for cricket, he still participates in cricket club matches as a pace bowler.
- Ankit Nagori was paid an annual salary of Rs. 21.9 Crore when working in Flipkart as a Chief Business Officer.
- Due to his tremendous interest in sports, he also serves as an active volunteer for Simply Sports Foundation.
- He is an early riser who follows a running routine along the lakes of Bengaluru.
- He is also a vivid reader and finished reading over 80 books in 2016.