Makarand Padhye is an Indian actor, dialogue writer, director, producer, and photographer. He is known for portraying Bal Thackeray in the 2022 biopic ‘Dharmaveer’ directed by Pravin Tarde.
Makarand Padhye was born in Mumbai. He did his schooling at Chabildas Lallubhoy Boys High School in Mumbai, he then studied Arts at Ruparel College. From 1986 to 1991, he studied at Sir J. J. Institute of Applied Art in Mumbai.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Makarand Padhye belongs to a Marathi family.
Parents & Siblings
Makarand has a sister named Shweta Tembe Vaidya and a brother named Rajendra Tembe.
Wife & Children
Makarand’s wife, Manasi Padhye, is the owner of a homemade food company, ‘Chatak Foods.’ He has a daughter named Madalasa Padhye and a son named Mardav Padhye.
Makarand has acted in many theatre plays and has worked with several theatres including Ravindra Natya Mandir, Savitribai Phule Natya Sabhagrah, and more. In 2005, he worked in a Marathi drama play, ‘Baikach Ekka Ghadi Bhar Paika,’ directed by Pandurang Kulkarni. He acted in a Marathi language comedy play ‘Agabai Solava Waris Dhokyacha’ alongside Pandurang Kulkarni, which was released on 28 November 2005.
He played a supporting character in the Marathi stage play titled ‘Ekach Pyala’ released in May 2019. In June 2022, he acted in the stage play ‘Vishwanayak,’ a Hindi play about the life journey of Swami Vivekananda. He played the role of Surendranath alongside Vikas Patil who portrayed Swami Vivekanand in the play.
In 2019, he worked in the Marathi film ‘Fafuta.’ The story of the film is based on farmers and water resources including politics. In 2022, he gained attention after playing the role of Balasaheb Thackeray in the biographical film ‘Dharmaveer’ alongside Prasad Oak and Kshitish Date. The movie was based on the life of late Shiv Sena leader Anand Dighe.
- He knows Sanskrit, Gujrati, and English languages.
- He has specialized in photography and has worked for several ad agencies.
- From 1996 to 2002, he worked as a Chief Assistant Director at an ad filmmaking company named AAMPL for 6 years.
- For 4 years, he worked at Banyan Tree Communications Pvt. Ltd. as a sound engineer.
- He works as an event organiser.
- Since 1989, he is the owner of ‘Hap creations,’ which is an advertising, photography, ad film, and short film-making company in Mumbai.
- He does sketching and script writing.
- He likes to do photography, and he regularly posts pictures of animals, buildings, and nature clicked by him on his Instagram account.