Mukesh Choudhary is an Indian cricketer who is known for showing an incredible performance in IPL 2022.
Mukesh Choudhary was born on Saturday, 6 July 1996 (age 26 years; as of 2022) in Pardodas, Bhilwara, Rajasthan. His zodiac sign is cancer. He studied at the boarding school Sinhagad Institute, Pune. He attended the Marathwada Mitramandal Commerce College, Pune.
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Weight (approx.): 65 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 42 Inches, Waist: 32 Inches, Biceps: 14 Inches
Parents & Siblings
Mukesh’s father’s name is Gopal Choudhary, who is a businessman. His mother’s name is Prembai Choudhary. He has a brother, Rajesh, who is a student.
Mukesh made his domestic cricket debut on 9 November 2017, to represent Maharashtra in the 2017–18 Ranji Trophy. He played in the 2019–20 Vijay Hazare Trophy on 7 October 2019 for Maharashtra. On 8 November 2019, he played for Maharashtra in the 2019–20 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy.
- He has not made any international debut. His jersey number is # 33 (IPL). He has been trained by Rajesh Mahurkar and Surendra Bhave. He is a left-hand batsman and left arm medium bowler. In an interview, his coach, Surendra Bhave, talked about him and said,
I saw this young lanky boy with a good action, good landing and ability to clock 125 kmph on consistent basis. We did some fine-tuning but he was getting wasted in my club. To play for Maharashtra he had to play in a big team who could give him the opportunity to play in invitational tournaments. It’s only then that he came on the selectors’ radar.”
- He owns a BMW bike.
- When Mukesh was young, he used to play with boys who were elder to him, and always asked him to do fielding. In class four, he was sent to boarding school because there were fewer opportunities in his village. While he was studying in the boarding school, he played other sports like basketball, volleyball, and hockey.
- After playing cricket for some time in boarding school, he started playing cricket professionally. His parents were unaware of his interest in cricket, but whenever his name appeared in the newspaper, he used to send the newspaper cutting to his parents. In an interview, his father said that he was happy when he saw his son’s name in the newspaper, but he always wanted him to focus on his studies.
- In an interview, his father talked about Mukesh and said,
It was an amazing feeling to watch him play live and do so well, in fact I don’t know how to describe the happiness in words. We had only watched him live on the internet earlier. Before the Mushtaq Ali T20s in Lucknow (in 2021), he called and asked us to subscribe to Hotstar to be able to watch him play. But this experience was something else.”
- Mukes had really good relations with his neighbours when he was living in an apartment in Pune. He was close to his neighbour, Vaishali Sawant and called her ‘Didi.’ In an interview, his neighbour, talked about him and said,
I asked him can I keep my flat’s furniture in his flat for some time, so that I can get my interior work done at my home. He had refused then and he didn’t even help us to move the furniture. When he refused, I asked him, family ne manners nahi diye hai hai kya? He might have realised his mistake and he agreed to help. There were days when he fell ill. He used to feel lonely. I used to ensure that my family takes care of him like our own child.”
- In 2015, he started training at Twenty 2 Yards Specialized Cricket Academy, Pune.
- In an interview, Mukesh said that his family was not very rich to support his dreams, but still they helped him a lot in his cricket journey. He further added,
My journey has been difficult but my family supported me. When I was alone in Pune, my sister supported me a lot. Food, physically, mentally… even when I was down at times, my sister would send me to the ground forcefully. Without her I wouldn’t have been able to do well. Even when I was selected, she told me to think about the next steps and do well.”
- In February 2022, Chennai Super Kings bought him in the auction for a price of Rs. 20 lakh.