|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 168 cm
in meters– 1.68 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 6”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Film (Malayalam): Hide n’ Seek (2012)
Film (Punjabi): Haani (2013)
Film (Hindi): Kahin Hai Mera Pyar (2014)
|Date of Birth||10 September 1990 (Monday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||29 Years|
|Birthplace||Haldwani, Uttrakhand, India|
|Hometown||Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|School||• Holy Heart Presidency School, Amritsar
• Spring Dale Senior School, Amritsar
|College/University||BBK DAV College for Women, Amritsar|
|Hobbies||Watching Films, Shopping, Reading Novels|
|Tattoo||Sonia has got a tattoo inked on her right forearm.|
|Controversy||In 2018, Sonia’s publicist sent a press release that the actress is rumoured to make her debut opposite Hrithik Roshan in his upcoming film, Super 30. After going through the news, Hrithik slammed Sonia’s publicist for allegedly using his name to promote Sonia. He Tweeted, “The frivolous use of my name by PR companies 2 promote their new clients doesn’t bother me a bit. But I really want them to know it doesn’t work. So may I offer a tip: trust ur clients talent, stop d tricks. All this while the female lead of super30 was finalized 8 months ago [sic].”
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father– Late Baldev Singh Mann (Editor of Hirawal Dasta & a left-wing activist of the Communist Party of India)
Mother– Paramjit Kaur (Former Principal of the Holy Heart Presidency School)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sonia Mann
- Sonia Mann was born into a middle-class family in Haldwani, Uttrakhand.
- She spent most of her childhood in Amritsar, Punjab.
- Sonia is inclined towards acting since childhood.
- She started taking part in the theatre while she was in college.
- Subsequently, she started modelling and won titles like “Miss Amritsar,” “Limca Fresh Face of Punjab,” and “VLCC Queen of the Year.”
- Sonia started her career as an actor in 2012 with the Malayalam film “Hide n’ Seek.”
- In 2013, she made her Punjabi film debut by playing the role of ‘Preet’ in the Punjabi film “Haani.”
- Sonia has worked in many Punjabi films like “Bade Changey Ne Mere Yaar Kaminey,” “25 Kille,” and “Motor Mitraan Di.”
- In 2019, she got shortlisted to play the lead role in the Bollywood film “Happy Hardy and Heer.”
- Mann has featured in the music videos of many Punjabi songs including “Teeje Week,” “Jatt Wallon Sorry,” “Choorhey Wali Bahh,” and “Heer Saleti.”
- Sonia has also featured on the covers of the “Glimpse Magazine” and “Swag Magazine.”
- Sonia’s father was a left-wing activist of the Communist Party of India (Marxist–Leninist).
- On 26 September 1990, her father got killed by the Khalistani militants in Amritsar while he was on his way to see his new-born daughter, Sonia.
- Sonia was very close to her grandmother.
- Sonia Mann is fond of sweets.
- She loves dogs and owns a pet dog, Brandy.
- She is very particular about her fitness and follows a strict workout regimen.
View this post on Instagram
Back to the gym after a break …#legday #fit #fitnessmotivation #gym #gymmotivation #soniamann @48fitnessclub #happyhardyandheer ?
A post shared by sonia mann (@soniamann01) on Nov 28, 2019 at 1:44am PST
- She shared during an interview that if not an actress, she would have been a politician.