Sritej is an Indian actor who predominantly works in Telugu films. He became famous for his role as Nara Chandrababu Naidu in the Telugu film Lakshmi’s NTR in 2019.
Sritej was born on Saturday, 22 August 1987 (age 34 years; as of 2021) in Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh. His zodiac sign is Leo.
Height (approx.): 6′
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 42 Inches, Waist: 34 Inches, Biceps: 14 Inches
Parents & Siblings
Sritej’s father was a farmer.
Wife & Children
Sritej is unmarried.
Sritej started his acting career in 2013 as Shiva in the Telugu film ‘Naa Samiranga.’
Later, he did acting in various Telugu films like Vangaveeti (2016), Aatagallu (2018), Touch Chesi Chudu (2018), Akshara (2021), Naarappa (2021), and Pushpa (2021).
In 2019, he appeared in politics based Telugu films like NTR: Kathanayakudu and NTR: Mahanayakudu in which he portrayed the role of chief minister of Andhra Pradesh in 2004, Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy in both the films.
In 2019, he played the role of chief minister of Andhra Pradesh in 2014, Nara Chandrababu Naidu, in the film ‘Lakshmi’s NTR.’
Sritej won the Santosham Special Jury Award in 2021 for the movie Lakshmi’s NTR (2019).
- Actor: Chiranjeevi, Pawan Kalyan, Ravi Teja
- Actress: Samantha Ruth Prabhu
- Although in popular media he is referred to as Sritej, his social media accounts read his name as Shri Tej.
- Sritej follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- He is politically inclined towards Bharatiya Janata Party.
- He likes to travel, dance, write scripts, and practice photography.
- Before Sritej started his career in acting, he used to work as an assistant director in 2006. He worked on the Telugu movies Aadavari Matalaku Arthale Verule (2007) and Mounaragam. In 2013, he switched from movies to government and temple documentaries.
- He constantly worked for thirteen years in the film industry before he got recognition in 2019 for the Telugu film ‘Lakshmi’s NTR.’
- According to him, he was requested to forward his photos in a particular costume that was suitable for the role when he was offered the role of Nara Chandrababu Naidu for the film ‘Lakshmi’s NTR.’ In an interview, he said,
At that moment, no one knew that I was portraying Chandrababu in RGV’s film. Without intimating my mother, I did my make-up and got the look right as CBN. Then, I gave over my smartphone and requested her to click my poses. I was thrilled to see her interest while capturing my images and those same stills have earned me a role in Lakshmi’s NTR. I should owe my success to her.”
- In an interview, he expressed that people started referring to him as ‘Man of the Day,’ ‘Friday Star’ and ‘Biopic Star’ after he acted in biopics.
- According to him, he achieved success after many years of working hard but, at the time he was struggling, many of his friends had already achieved a lot in life. Sritej also said that his parents were not sure about his career choices, and they used to get tense about him, but Sritej did not stop working in films.
- His father sent him to Hyderabad to get training for the IPS exam, but when Sritej went there, he worked as an assistant director as his career choices were different.
- In an interview, he said that he used to prepare his dialogues by speaking them in front of a mirror that was placed on the wall of his room. He also added that he did not take any professional training for acting.
- In an interview, he said that he wished to study journalism at Telugu University.
- In 2021, he came together with the Indian Red Cross Society to give medical kits and food to the frontline workers, who worked during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- He also practised social work and often posted photos on social media while donating blood to various blood banks.
- He is often spotted in various newspapers.