Ketaki Chitale is an Indian television actress who works in Marathi cinema. In 2012, she came into prominence after appearing in the Star Parvah’s show Ambat Goad as Aboli. Apart from being an actress, she is also a motivational speaker. In May 2022, she hit the headlines when she was arrested under more than twenty FIRs against her in Maharashtra and its suburbs soon after she posted an offensive remark against NCP leader Sharad Pawar on one of her social media accounts. In June 2022, she was granted bail.
Ketaki Chitale was born on Wednesday, 30 December 1992 (age 29 years; as of 2022) in Pune, Maharashtra, India. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn. Soon after completing her school education, Ketaki Chitale joined Savitribai Phule Pune University to complete her graduate degree.
Height (approx.): 5′ 2″
Weight (approx.): 50 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Her mother’s name is Netra Chitale. She has a brother named Anuj Chitale.
She is not married.
Ketaki Chitale was cast in the Hindi television show Saas Bina Sasural. in 2010. In 2012, she appeared in the show Ambat Goad in a lead role. In 2014, she appeared in the television show Lagori – Maitri Returns, a Marathi Drama serial on Disney+ Hotstar. The social media campaign @acceptepilepsy was founded by her soon after she joined the social media. Accept Epilepsy is a product-based service, which is provided to patients who are suffering from epilepsy, a neurological disorder.
Ketaki Chitale is a trained belly dancer, and she often gives live dancing performances at various events and occasions.
In May 2022, Ketaki Chitale attracted controversy when she shared Marathi poetry on her Facebook account that was purportedly criticising NCP leader Sharad Pawar. Soon after the post, a complaint was lodged by Swapnil Netke, an NCP office-bearer against her and she was detained by Thane police for sharing such a post on social media.
- Ketaki Chitale has a semicolon inked on her left wrist.
- Ketaki Chitale has inked a happy-sad faces tattoo on her right wrist.
- Ketaki Chitale has a peacock feather tattoo inked on her leg.
- According to Ketaki Chitale, she is suffering from refractory epilepsy since childhood.
- Several television commercials such as Ponds Dreamflower Talc often feature Ketaki Chitale as their model for the advertisement of their products. She also advertises several commercial products and brands on various social media platforms.
- Ketaki Chitale likes enjoying alcohol occasionally.
- According to Ketaki Chitale, she likes reading books in her leisure time.
- Several renowned newspapers often publish articles related to Ketaki Chitale in their glamour section.
- Ketaki Chitale regularly posts her pictures and videos on social media. She has more than 62.4k followers on Instagram. On Facebook, over 191k people follow her page. She has a YouTube channel with over 15k subscribers.
- She is an avid animal lover. She often shares pictures of her pet cat on social media.
- In June 2022, Ketaki Chitale was granted bail by a court in the Thane district of Maharashtra. She was arrested in May 2022 for posting an offensive remark against NCP leader Sharad Pawar on one of her social media accounts. The cases filed against her were under sections 505 (2) (public mischief statements), 500 (defamation), 501 (printing or engraving matter known to be defamatory), and 153A (promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion, race, place of birth, residence, language, etc).
- In May 2022, soon after she posted a remark against Sharad Pawar on Facebook, more than 20 FIRs in connection with the post in multiple police stations in Mumbai and its suburbs were filed against her. On 15 May 2022, according to the social media post of Ketaki Chitale, she indicated Sharad Pawar – a person who hates Brahmins. Reportedly, Ketaki was charged with defamation and encouraging enmity on the basis of religion and caste. According to media sources, at the beginning of June 2022, Ketaki Chitale was granted bail in another case, which was filed against her in 2020 under the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act in Navi Mumbai.