Labh Singh Ugoke is an Indian politician. In March 2022, he contested the assembly elections of Punjab on the ticket of the Aam Aadmi Party and was elected as a Member of the Punjab Legislative Assembly from the Bhadaur Vidhan Sabha constituency.
Labh Singh Ugoke was born in 1987 (age 35 years; as of 2022) in Bhadaur, Barnala, Punjab. In 2014, he completed his senior secondary school education from Punjab School Education Board.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Darshan Singh, who is a driver. His mother’s name is Baldev Kaur, and she is a sweeper at a government college in Punjab.
Wife & Children
His wife’s name is Veerpal Kaur, and the couple has two children named Abhijot and Armanjot. His wife does stitching work at home.
He belongs to the scheduled caste community.
In 2013, Labh Singh Ugoke became a volunteer member of the Aam Aadmi Party in Punjab, India. Soon after joining the Aam Aadmi Party, in the Barnala district, he was appointed as a member of the Monitoring Committee named DISHA. Later, in the same district, he was appointed as District President of SC Wing. Labh Singh Ugoke contested the Assembly elections in March 2022 from the Bhadaur constituency and won the elections after defeating his opponent and the Chief Minister of Punjab Charanjit Singh Channi, who contested from the same constituency on the ticket of the Indian National Congress. In the same elections, Channi was also defeated by another AAP candidate who contested from the Chamkaur Sahib constituency.
- Cash: Rs. 1,34,300
- Deposits in Banks: Rs. 17,690
- Motor Vehicle: Rs. 42,000
- Jewellery: Rs. 1,71,500
As of 2022, Labh Singh Ugoke’s net worth was Rs. 3,65,490 lakhs.
- Apart from being a politician, Labh Singh Ugoke also runs a mobile repair shop in his village. He did a diploma in mobile repairing soon after finishing his school studies. However, Labh Singh Ugoke closed his mobile repair shop in 2019.
- After winning the assembly elections in Punjab in March 2022, Labh Singh Ugoke stated in a press conference that his father worked as a driver, and his mother was a sweeper in a government college in Punjab.
- According to an affidavit that he filed at the Election Commission of India, Labh Singh Ugoke owns only a Hero Honda motorcycle that he purchased in 2014.
- Labh Singh Ugoke claimed before the assembly elections in Punjab in March 2022 that he would surely defeat Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi, and the election results showed that Charanjit Singh Channi was defeated by Labh Singh by a huge margin of 37,558 votes.
- The family background of Labh Singh Ugoke is very humble. In one of his interviews with the media houses, he claimed himself a common man and stated that Charanjit Singh Channi was wearing a mask of a common man, who even did not know the names of the villages that came under his constituency. He said,
There are 74 villages in my constituency and I know the problems of every village. For me, Bhadaur is not a ‘halqa’ (constituency) but my family. Channi sahab does not know the names of even 10 villages of Bhadaur seat.”
Labh Singh Ugoke alleged that Charanjit Singh Channi overlooked the problems that were faced by the people of the Bhadaur constituency, and Labh Singh added in the same conversation that Channi was living a king-size life. He said that Channi was just seeking national media attention and not working on ground level. He stated,
Channi sahab is not an ‘aam aadmi’. Even though he is from a Dalit family, he is living the life of a king. The only difference I saw after Channi jumped into the fray from this seat is that the attention of the national media is towards me for taking on the CM.”
- Labh Singh Ugoke regularly posts pictures and videos of his political rallies on social media. More than 74k people follow his Facebook page.
- Before the assembly elections of Punjab in 2022, Labh Singh Ugoke mentioned in the election affidavit that he lived in a two-room house with his wife and two children. Considered a quick learner, Labh Singh Ugoke won the 2022 Punjab assembly against the Chief Minister of Punjab Charanjit Singh Channi from the Bhadaur Vidhan Sabha constituency.