Mandana Karimi is an Iranian model and actress, who appeared in Bollywood films and reality shows.
Mandana Karimi, real name, Manizhe Karimi, was born on Thursday 19 May 1988 (age 33 years; as of 2022) in Tehran, Iran. Her Zodiac sign is Taurus. Mandana grew up in Tehran.
Height (approx.): 5’7″
Weight (approx.): 50Kg
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): 32-26-32
Mandana belongs to a conservative Muslim family.
Parents & Siblings
Mandana’s father is an Indian-Iranian and her mother is a Persian- Iranian.
Mandana has one elder brother and one younger brother.
In July 2016, Mandana Karimi got engaged to her boyfriend, Gaurav Gupta, a businessman from Mumbai. Gaurav and Mandana dated for almost two years, after which they got married. On 26 January 2017, they did a court marriage and on 5 March they got married as per the Hindu rituals.
Six months after marriage, Mandana filed a domestic violence case against her husband, Gaurav Gupta. Mandana revealed that she was physically abused and insulted by her mother-in-law. In an interview, Mandana said that
Yes, she was but I thought things will get better with time. I changed my religion. I accepted Hinduism and our wedding took place according to Hindu rituals. She only allowed us to get married as her son wanted to marry me. And now when she realised that her son is planning to move out of the house and separate the business she told Gaurav either you chose Mandana or her. My husband Gaurav, who doesn’t have a spine to chose, decided to stay with his mother. I always joked about evil mother-in-laws from Balaji’s daily soaps, but had never imagined that it will happen to me. She used to abuse and insult me. In fact, I was the one who told Gaurav that we will stay with the family. I will work on it. I really tried, but they were always mean to me and never accepted me as part of the family. She used to taunt me ‘India mein aisa nahi hota, tum Iran se hona toh tumhe kya pata India ka culture”
Later, Mandana withdrew the case and got separated from her husband, Gaurav.
In 2011, Mandana Karimi dated Delhi based model, Lalit Tehlan.
As a Model
After completing schooling, Mandana moved to Dubai to join the Air hostess training academy. Later, Mandana moved into the modelling industry. Mandana signed five years modelling contract with one of the modelling agencies in Hong Kong. In 2010, Mandana came to Mumbai for three months on a modelling contract. In 2013, Mandana decided to move back to Mumbai and pursue her career in acting. Mandana appeared in tv commercials with various celebrities like Sha Rukh khan, Saif Ali Khan, and Kareena Kapoor. She was featured in various magazines.
Mandana also worked with Indian designers like Anna Singh, Satya Paul, JJ Valaya, and Sandeep Khosla.
As an Actress
In 2015, Mandana made her Debut in the Bollywood film, Roy, in which she did a guest appearance. In the same year, Mandana appeared as a lead actress in the film, Bhaag Johnny, directed by Vikram Bhatt.
In 2015, she acted in the film, Main Aur Charles, opposite actor Randeep Hooda.
In 2016, Mandana appeared in the Hindi comedy film, Kya Kool Hai Hum 3, which was released on 22 January.
Apart from Bollywood, Mandana also worked in a Chinese movie named Xuangang, in which she played the role of a princess in 2016.
In 2020, Mandana worked in a Hindi award-winning short film, Offline.
In Web Series
In 2018, Mandana appeared in a Hindi web series, Ishqbaaz, on Star Plus. In 2020, Mandana worked in a Hindi thriller web series, The Casino, directed by Hardik Gajjar and Tushar Bhatia.
In Music Album
In 2020, Mandana appeared in the Punjabi song, Wallah, with Indian Singer Garry Sandhu.
In Reality Show
In 2015, Mandana appeared as a contestant in the reality show, Bigg Boss 9, where she was the runner-up.
In 2022, Mandana came more into highlight after coming to the reality show, Lock Upp, which was hosted by actress Kangana Ranaut.
As an Enterprenaur
In 2019, Mandana Karimi started her own restaurant named Mandana’s Kitchen, a delivery house for authentic Iranian food.
- Food: Banana, Dark Chocolate, and Salmon Fish
- Actress: Kangana Ranaut
- Actor: Salman Khan
- Iranian Actress: Golshifteh Farahani
- Film (s): Devdas, Queen, Tanu Weds Manu, Piku, Badlapur, NH10, and PK
- Colour: Bright Colours
- In an interview, Mandana said that during her childhood, she was a shy girl, who used to spend most of her time in her room playing around with papers, cameras, and colours.
- When Mandana was 20 years old, she did a photoshoot of herself for her friend’s university project. Her photos were liked and praised by everyone and from there she got an interest in modelling.
- In an interview with Zoom, Mandana Karimi told about the harassment she faced during the shoot of the film, Kya Kool Hai Hum, by filmmaker Umesh Ghadge. She said that
Umesh Ghadge started harassing me by changing the steps in the song, putting other people in the song saying this is last minute decision. Calling me early on set, asking me to wear clothes that I was not even supposed to wear, keeping me waiting.
- Mandana said in an interview that the film, Sholay, was the first Bollywood movie she watched at the age of eight.
- According to Mandana, at the start of her modelling career, she got many offers from India, however, she rejected them.
- In an interview, Mandana revealed that she looks very different from her two brothers.
- Mandana can speak Persian, English, and Hindi.
- In 2015, fake news about Mandana Karimi’s marriage went viral along with a marriage certificate, which said that Mandana was married to model Lalit on 18 February 2011, however, Mandana denied this news and also stated that the marriage certificate was fake.
- In 2021, Mandana Karimi shared on her Instagram page that she went through excruciating pain for continuous three days and finally she got her appendix removed through surgery.
- According to Mandana, she grew up watching Iranian films.
- Mandana is very active on social platforms like Instagram and Twitter.
- Mandana Karimi is a fitness enthusiast. She is often seen posting her fitness videos on Instagram.
- In her leisure time, Mandana enjoys doing Kick Boxing.
- Mandana Karimi owns two dogs.
- Mandana is associated with an NGO that helps underprivileged children.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings