Shama Sikander is an Indian actress and model who is known for her role as Pooja in the television show Ye Meri Life Hai (2003-2005).
Shama Sikander Gesawat was born on Tuesday, 4 August 1981 (age 40 years; as of 2021) in Makrana, Rajasthan. Her zodiac sign is Leo. She attended nine schools. She pursued her graduation at Roshan Taneja School of Acting, Mumbai in 1995.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Black
Figure Measurements (approx.): 30-28-34
Parents & Siblings
Shama’s father’s name is Sikander Gesawat, who is a marble supplier.
Her mother’s name is Gulshan, who is a homemaker.
She has three siblings, two brothers, Khalid Sikander and Rizwan Sikander, and one sister, Salma Sikander.
Shama got married to James Milliron on 14 March 2022 in Goa. In 2005, Shama and James met each other through a mutual friend in Mumbai and started dating each other. Later, in 2015, they got engaged. In an interview, Shama talked about their relationship and said,
James and I have been companions for a very long time and have been living like partners. So, life isn’t going to change much other than his surname added to mine (smiles). We are open-minded people and so are our families. We have accepted each other the way we are and don’t wish to change a thing about each other.”
Shama was in a relationship with Alexx O’Nell from 2011 to 2015. In 2012, Alexx composed a music video that featured Shama.
Shama made her acting debut at the age of sixteen with the film Prem Aggan (1998) as Pooja.
She appeared in many other Hindi films including Mann (1999), Ansh: The Deadly Part (2002), Dhoom Dadakka (2008), Contract (2008), and Bypass Road (2019).
Shama started her career on television in 2005 with the show Yeh Meri Life Hai in which she played the role of Pooja.
She was a part of many other television shows including C.I.D. (2006), Jodee Kamaal Ki (2007), Kaajjal (2008), Seven (2010-2011), and Baal Veer (2012-2014).
Shama participated as a host and contestant in various reality shows. Her first reality show as a contestant was Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena in 2008.
In 2008, she hosted the reality show Jet Set Go. She participated as a contestant in the reality show Jjhoom India in 2010. In the same year, she appeared in the dance reality show Boogie Woogie.
On 3 December 2010, she launched her own fashion brand Saisha in Mumbai, which was inaugurated by Sushmita Sen.
In 2016, she was featured in the web series Maaya and the short movie Sexaholic. In an interview, she talked about playing a bold role in the short film and said,
Sexual awareness is more important in today’s times when there are so many incidents of rape happening all around us. The film addresses a problem and questions why people don’t seek treatment or even accept their problem. Why is the whole world so scared to talk about sex.”
She appeared in many music videos including Raat Chandani (2001), Mehfil Mitran Di (2001), Baje Jo Bansi Thama Karo (2002), Kabhi Mausam Hua Resham (2002), and Hawa Karda (2021).
- In 2004, she won the GR8 Face of the Year at the Indian Television Academy Awards.
- In 2004, she won the award for Best Debut at Indian Television Academy Awards.
- In 2005, she won Critics’ Choice: Best Actress at the 12th Lions Gold Awards.
- In 2005, she won Best Face of Sony TV.
- In 2017, she won the Fitness Diva at Perfect Achievers Award.
- In 2019, she won the Most Beautiful Woman of the Year at Aspiring She.
- In 2019, she won Style Icon of the Year at International Quality Awards.
- In 2019, she won Most Promising Actor at Black Swan Awards, Asia One.
- Actor(s): Meryl Streep, Daniel Day-Lewis
- Actress: Deepika Padukone
- Film(s): Bollywood- Black (2005), Queen (2013), Mr India (1987)
Hollywood- Gangs of New York (2002), Titanic (1997), Phantom Thread (2017)
- Colour(s): Black, Red, White
- Drink: Red Wine
- Cuisine(s): Italian, Moroccan, Turkish
- Holiday Destination(s): Switzerland, Greece
- Social Media: Instagram
- Shama follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Her hobbies include travelling, dancing, and painting.
- When Shama was ten years old, she decided to work hard in life and earn a lot of money for her family because she heard a conversation between her parents in which they said that there was no food in the house to feed the family.
- In 2018, she started her own production house, Shama Sikander Films Pvt. Ltd under which she produced and acted in a YouTube video series Ab Dil Ki Sunn that had seven episodes. The series was based on the phases Shama went through in her life like bipolar disorder, depression, and other social causes. She further added,
My home production’s first project is titled ‘Ab Dil Ki Sun’. It includes seven short films which are based on different human aspects. It’s actually inspired by my life and my life’s real incidents which we have fictionalised.”
- Shama is usually featured in newspapers because of her sensuality. In an interview, she talked about this and said,
I have always said that I’ll do only what I am comfortable doing and wear what I feel comfortable in. There’s a very thin line between looking vulgar and sensuous. I’d like to look sensuous and not vulgar.”
- In 2016, in an interview, Shama openly talked about a phase in her life when she was suffering from depression and bipolar disorder, and she even tried to commit suicide. In an interview, she talked about this and said,
Though my life was going great, I was bored of it; nothing would impress or excite me. I even tried to commit suicide one night. I kissed my mother good night and told her not to wake me up. After that, I swallowed several sleeping pills at one go. Just before slipping away, I texted my brother my bank account details, which made him panic. He immediately called my mother to check on me and I was rushed to the hospital three hours later.”
- It was rumoured that Shama underwent plastic surgery, but she denied the rumours. In an interview, she talked about this and said,
I have not had any plastic surgery. Don’t know why people say this to me when it is just a cosmetic procedure. When people saw me, I was younger and growing up at that time. Apparently, some physical changes were happening at that time. But after now if you see any change in me, then tell me.”
- She shared an Instagram post showing her transformation over the years.
- She is often featured in various newspapers and magazine covers.
- She is often spotted having alcohol and hookah on various occasions.
- She hits the gym regularly and often posts pictures of her workout on social media.
- She is a passionate animal lover and often posts pictures of them on social media.