Atul Gogavale is a famous Indian singer, music director, and music composer. Atul and his younger brother, Ajay are one of the celebrated music-directors duo in India.
Atul was born on Wednesday, 11 September 1974 (age 46 years; as in 2020), in Alandi, Pune, Maharashtra. His zodiac sign is Virgo. His father had a transferable job due to which he had to live in different villages and study in various schools, later, he did his graduation from Pune. 
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
He was born in a Hindu Maharashtrian family.
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Ashok Gogavale who worked as a revenue department officer. He has a younger brother, Ajay Gogavale who is a renowned Indian music director, music composer, and singer.
Relationship, Wife & Children
He is married, and his wife’s name is Poonam Gogavale.
Atul, along with his brother Ajay, moved to Mumbai from their hometown, Pune to make a career in music. Soon, they got an offer to compose music in the international non-film music album, “Vishwavinayaka.” Initially, they composed music for various commercial jingles and advertisements. Atul and Ajay have composed music for films of various languages, like Hindi, Marathi, Kannada, and Telugu. The brother’s duo got a big break in the Hindi film, ‘Gayab’ (2004); as a music composer. Later, they composed music for films like ‘Viruddh… Family Comes First’ (2005), ‘Ek Daav Dhobi Pachhad’ (2009), ‘Singham’ (2011), ‘Agneepath’ (2012), ‘Bol Bachchan’ (2012), ‘Lai Bhaari’ (2014), ‘PK’ (2014), ‘Sairat’ (2016), ‘Dhadak’ (2018), ‘Tanhaji’ (2020), and ‘Chatrapati Shivaji’ (2021).
Apart from composing music for films, they have composed music for many albums, inluding ‘Vishwavinayak’ (2001), ‘Shri Ram Mantra’ (2002), ‘Bedhund’ (2003), and ‘Vishwatma’ (2006). Atul and Ajay has composed background score for many TV serials, including ‘Zee Gaurav Geet,’ ‘Mahabharat’ (2013), ‘Sony Entertainment Television,’ ‘Make In India presentation used by the PMO for foreign delegates,’ ‘Sony Marathi theme song,’ and ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ 11 theme song (2019).
In 2016, Atul and Ajay debuted as a producer in the Marathi film, ‘Jaundya Na Balasaheb.’
Awards & Honours
- 2003: Alpha Gaurav (Later Zee Gaurav)- Best Music Director for the play Sahi Re Sahi
- 2004–05: Maharashtra Times Sanman- Best Music Director for the film Savarkhed: Ek Gaon
- 2004–05: Maharashtra Rajya Natya Vyavsayik Spardha- Best Music Director for Play Lochya Zala Re
- 2010: National Film Award- Best Music Director for the film Jogwa
- 2010: 47th State Film Award- Best Music Director for the film Natarang
- 2011: Marathi International Film and Theater Award- Best Music Direction for the film Natarang
Note: He has many more accolades to his name.
- Atul and Ajay developed an interest in acting while they were in school. When Atul was in 4th standard, and Ajay was in 2nd standard, both the brothers composed music for a school poem. After that, they started participating in various extra curricular activities.
- The financial condition of Ajay and Atul’s family was not good, so they could not afford expensive musical instruments to practice on. In an interview, they shared that in their childhood, they used to befriend boys who owned musical instruments; so they could learn how to play different musical instruments from them.
- Ajay and Atul do not have any professional training in music. They used to perform in local bands and various local events while they were in school and college.
- In an interview, Atul shared that once his father gifted a musical keyboard to him and his brother, Ajay, He shared that at that time, his father said,
You have not been given any toys during childhood, now this is your toy.”
- In 2015, Ajay and Atul were listed in the Forbes India Celebrity 100 List, at the 82nd position.
- Atul and Ajay are the first Indian music directors to record their music at Sony scoring studios in Hollywood for the Marathi film, ‘Sairat’ (2016).
- Atul loves to read books and enjoys horse riding whenever he gets free time.
- He loves motorcycles and owns a Kawasaki Z1000, and he has a SUV car.