Geeta Dhami is famous for being the wife of Indian politician and youngest Chief Minister of Uttarakhand, Pushkar Singh Dhami.
Geeta Dhami was born and brought up in Uttarakhand, India. Her full name is Geeta Pushkar Dhami.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Not much information is available about her parents. Her sister’s name is Anita.
Husband & Children
Geeta Dhami got married to Pushkar Singh Dhami on 5 February 2011. The couple is blessed with two sons. Their elder son is named Divakar Singh Dhami and the younger one is Prabhakar Singh Dhami.
- Geeta Dhami actively supports her husband and she is involved in humanitarian service. She actively assists her husband in managing his constituency duties. Actually, Geeta Dhami confronts people and then pleads to her husband to remove them since she knows more about the public problems in Khatima assembly constituency than Pushkar Singh Dhami. She portrays an energetic social worker, giving the husband’s image greater vigour.
- Geeta is very active on social media. She shares a lot of religious and political stuff on her social media accounts like Facebook and Instagram. When Pushkar was elected as an MLA for the first time from Khatima constituency in 2012, Geeta was exhilarated by his victory. While expressing her happiness during an interview, she said,
I remember, when he became the MLA from Khatima for the first time, since then he has never looked back. As an MLA from Khatima, he has worked tirelessly for the people of his area. He has given the majority of histime to working for the welfare of the people of his constituency and discharging his duties as an elected representative.”
- After his successor, Tirath Singh Rawat, resigned from the job of Chief Minister of Uttarakhand owing to political protests, Pushkar Singh Dhami was announced as the 10th Chief Minister of Uttarakhand on July 3, 2021. After the oath-taking ceremony, the media had the opportunity to speak with Geeta Dhami, who is considered Dhami’s lucky charm. During the media interaction, she took the opportunity to thank Bharatiya Janata Party, and said,
I would like to thank the party high command, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Amit Shah, Rajnath Singh, JP Nadda. I would also like to thank the people of Khatima (/topic/khatima) who elected my husband as the MLA twice from this area. Looking at his abilities, the party high command has given him this responsibility. I would also like to assure you that he will fulfil all his responsibilities towards the state and his people with sincerity. Rising above his position, he will also work beyond his responsibilities.”
- During the 2022 Uttarakhand Assembly elections, the BJP campaigned door-to-door across the state. Geeta walked across Nagra Terai, a small village in Uttarakhand, campaigning for her husband. She distributed party’s brochures and pamphlets among the people, soliciting people support.
- Geeta Pushkar’s nature includes active participation in social work and a willingness to assist distressed and vulnerable individuals.