Prachi Desai is an Indian actress who primarily works in Bollywood movies and Television. She is well known for her role in Ekta Kapoor’s television show Kasamh Se, where she played the role of Bani. She is the brand ambassador and the face of Goa Tourism and Neutrogena products in India.
Prachi Desai was born on Monday, 12 September 1988 (age 33 years; as of 2021) in Surat, Gujrat. Currently, she lives in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Her zodiac sign is Virgo. Prachi studied till the ninth standard at the St. Joseph’s Convent School. Prachi actively participated in various dance and acting competitions in her school days. For her higher studies, she went to Sinhagad College in Kondhwa, Pune. Along with college, she attended small modelling workshops in Pune.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Weight (approx.): 53 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): 34-26-33
Prachi Desai belongs to a Gujrati family.
Parents & Siblings
Her father’s name is Niranjan Desai. He is a professor by profession. Her mother’s name is Ameeta Desai. She has one sister, Esha Desai.
Husband & Children
Prachi Desai is not married yet.
Reportedly, Prachi Desai and Rohit Shetty dated each other after they met on the sets of his film Bol Bachchan. It is rumoured that Rohit had issues with his wife Maya Shetty and then secretly started dating Prachi. However, Rohit’s wife refused to give him a divorce and with time Prachi stepped out of the relationship.
In 2008, Prachi Desai began her career with the blockbuster movie Rock On. In 2009, her next film, Life Partner was released with Tushar Kapoor as her co-star. In 2010, she appeared in the film Once Upon A Time In Mumbai opposite Emraan Hashmi. In 2012, Prachi got a lead role opposite Abhishek Bachchan in the film Bol Bachchan. It was Prachi’s highest grossing film of all time with a collection of 165 crores. In 2013, she was seen in the film I, Me Aur Main. In 2016, she appeared in the film Azhar, which was the biopic of former Indian cricketer, Mohammad Azharuddin. Prachi played the role of Naureen, Mohammad Azharuddin’s wife. In 2016, she appeared in the sequel to Rock On, where she played the role of Farhan Akhtar’s wife. Prachi made her OTT debut with a murder mystery, Silence… Can You Hear It? in 2021 opposite Manoj Bajpayee.
Prachi will soon feature in another OTT web series Dhootha starring Naga Chaitanya.
In 2006, Prachi Desai got her big break with Ekta Kapoor’s daily soap Kasamh Se. Prachi was just 17 when she started working for her TV serial. Prachi’s work was immensely appreciated by the audience.
In 2007, she won a dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa along with choreographer Deepak Singh.
Prachi appeared in a cameo role for the TV serial Kasautii Zindagii Kay.
Prachi Desai appeared in a detergent commercial with Salman Khan.
She also featured in other TV commercials like Neutrogena, Lyra, Nyle shampoo, Sofy etc.
Prachi Desai featured in a music video Rihaahe with Mr World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal. The song was released on 22 June 2021 and is sung by Yaseer Desai.
She also appeared in an item number called ‘Awari’ for the movie Ek Villian.
- In 2020, Ajay Devgan posted a tweet to celebrate 8 year anniversary of Bol Bachchan but forgot to tag a few other co-actors including Prachi Desai. She replied to his tweet for forgetting her and not calling her out. Soon Ajay Devgan fans bashed her and began a trend on Twitter “HYPOCRISY QUEEN PRACHI DESAI.” They dig out old tweets where Prachi even didn’t tag Ajay Devgan while celebrating two year anniversary of the movie.
- Prachi Desai opened up about Casting Couch and revealed an incident where she was asked to compromise in order to get a role in a big project. In an interview when Prachi was asked about it, she revealed,
I think very direct propositions were also made to me to get cast in a certain big film but I had outright said no. And even after saying no, the director called again. And I still said that I am not interested in your film. I think I am very honest and upfront. I don’t like beating around the bush.”
- In an interview, Prachi Desai accepted that Nepotism has hampered her career and it exists in Bollywood. In an interview, she openly expressed her views and said,
See, that’s a reality that is best accepted; there is no point denying it. It has been there, it is there, and it’s probably going to be there. But today, I’m loving the fact that the audience is deciding a lot. So, as long as the audience supports, there will be space for everyone.”
- In 2011, Prachi Desai won 4 Best Performance In A Supporting Role (Female) awards for Once Upon A Time In Mumbai at IIFA, Zee Cine Award, Star Guild Award and Stardust Award.
- In 2006, Prachi won Best Fresh New Face (Female) for her TV serial Kasamh Se at Indian Telly Awards.
- In 2006, Prachi along with Ram Kapoor won Indian Telly Award for Best Onscreen Couple for their show Kasamh Se.
- In 2007, she won Best Actress in a Lead Role for her show Kasamh Se at Indian Telly Awards.
- In 2008, Prachi Won Telly Award Special Recommendation.
- In 2009, she won Dabur Vatika Anandalok Puraskar Award for her best performance in Rock On.
Prachi Desai owns a BMW 3 series car. In addition to this, Prachi also owns a Tata Harrier.
- Colour: White, Pink and Blue
- Actor: Hrithik Roshan
- Actress: Kangana Ranaut
- Singer: Rekha Bhardwaj
- Movie: Dil Chahta Hai
- Prachi Desai is an animal lover and has a pet cat, Zorro.
- She featured in a few magazine covers like Femina, Better Homes And Gardens India.
- Prachi Desai has walked for various designers at Lakme Fashion Week India.
- Prachi Desai has an immense fan following on social media. She has 8.2M followers on Facebook, 4M on Instagram and 1.4M followers on Twitter.
- Prachi in an interview revealed that she was dating someone and to surprise him she flew to another country. Later, she found out that he lied to her and wasn’t there. In an interview with Filmfare, she said-
I’ve flown across countries for someone. When I had spoken to ‘him’ on the phone, he said he was in a particular country. I believed him and flew across to give him a surprise. But when I reached there, I realised that he had lied. He was not there! I made the most of it and holidayed alone. That’s how you cope with it, you give yourself a good time.”