Ayush Badoni is an Indian cricketer who is known for bagging a half-century against the Gujarat Lions on 28 March 2022.
Ayush Badoni was born on Friday, 3 December 1999 (age 21 years; as of 2021) in Kwili Village in Devprayag, Uttarakhand. He grew up in New Delhi. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. He attended Modern School, Barakhamba Road, New Delhi. He enrolled at Sri Venkateswara College, New Delhi for higher studies.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 42 Inches, Waist: 30 Inches, Biceps: 14 Inches
Parents & Siblings
Ayush’s father’s name is Vivek Badoni, who is a documentary filmmaker.
His mother’s name is Vibha Badoni, who is a teacher. He has a brother, Pratyush Badoni.
Ayush made his International debut on 11 January 2021 against Mumbai at Wankhede. In October 2018, he scored 52 runs on 28 balls in the Under-19 Asia Cup 2018. In 2022, he was bought for Rs. 20 Lakh by the Lucknow Super Giants during the IPL 2022 mega auction.
- Ayush’s nickname is Baby AB.
- He was coached by Balraj Kumar and Tarak Sinha.
- Raj is a right-hand batsman and right-arm off-break bowler. His jersey number is # 1 (India). His domestic team was Lucknow.
- His hobbies include swimming.
- He has a tattoo on his right hand.
- His favourite cricketer is AB de Villiers.
- In an interview, he said that he was not selected by the Delhi team. He further talked about this and said,
Coming to Delhi’s state side, they had organized a trial in Roshnara club where Ayush scored a double hundred. But he didn’t get selected for Delhi’s state side in spite of doing well. And when I called a selector of their, he didn’t pick up the phone. Although the selectors had earlier said, that Badoni is a good cricketer, but they didn’t give him the chance that he deserved.”
- He did the same celebration style as Virat Kohli after scoring winning runs against Delhi Capitals on 7 April 2022.
- On 28 March 2022, he scored a half-century against the Gujarat Lions. In an interview, he talked about this and said,
I wasn’t looking at my score, to be honest. I was only batting as my only target was to play my natural game in the final four overs and that’s why I played slow initially. Before the game, I was extremely nervous and I couldn’t sleep. But as soon as I hit my first boundary, I knew I belong here.”
- In an interview, Ayush talked about Gautam Gambhir and said,
He told me to play just my natural game. He told me you won’t get the one-odd match, but you will get a proper run. He also told me, ‘you don’t need to play according to the situation. There are senior players to do that. You show us your natural game.”
- In 2016, when Ayush was in school, Manish Sisodia presented him with an award.
- He is a passionate animal lover and often posts pictures of them on social media.
- He works out regularly and often posts pictures of his workouts on social media.